Contribute
Register

USB Install issues - OpenCore - Monterey - CoffeeLake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, making those changes has not allowed the boot process to progress any further.

I have not updated my BIOS for some time as the clover setup I have been running worked perfectly. DO you think it's time to start looking at the available BIOS updates?

Attachments

• config.plist
    26.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0676.jpeg
    IMG_0676.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 54
  • opencore-2021-12-06-094738.txt
    256 KB · Views: 41
Updated below.

Last edited:
I've updated the MB BIOS today and discovered its made no effect. I did notice however, the boot issues appears to be a little random. You'll see the boot fails at a slightly different place between these two boots.

I've also stripped out disabled entries in the config.plist and added OpenCanopy successfully.

I've searched and searched but can't find a resolution to this problem.

Attachments

• config.plist
    15.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0682.jpeg
    IMG_0682.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0681.jpeg
    IMG_0681.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 51
Did you check to ensure that the correct Bios settings are being used, after you updated the system Bios?

These are the settings you should be using:

Disable​

• Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port
  • Parallel Port
  • VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
  • CSM
  • Thunderbolt (For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)

Enable​

• VT-x
  • Above 4G decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB
  • SATA Mode: AHCI
Can you post a copy of your WHOLE OpenCore EFI Folder, so we can see exactly what you are using to boot your Z370 Coffee Lake system. A copy of your config.plist tells us quite a lot, but not everything.

Can you also post a copy of your APCI tables, DSDT.aml and SSDT's. As there is something not right with one or more SSDT's and it would be easier to troubleshoot if we had a copy of your system's tables.

Fully checked all BIOS settings, everything appears correct.

Today I surrendered and downloaded the working EFI of this install as the hardware is the same as mine. https://github.com/jdleung/OpenCore-Z370-P-II

I'm now able to boot my installation of Catalina that was originally installed using Clover without issue. Once I had achieved this, I managed to get the USB install booted and installed Monterey onto a new SSD. Early on in the boot phase on the second part of the installation, the system reboots.

I'm attaching the full EFI folder, boot log and screenshot of the failed Monterey 2nd installation phase boot.

Attachments

• opencore-2021-12-07-175609.txt
    256 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0710.jpeg
    IMG_0710.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 58
  • EFI.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 83
Fully checked all BIOS settings, everything appears correct.

Today I surrendered and downloaded the working EFI of this install as the hardware is the same as mine. https://github.com/jdleung/OpenCore-Z370-P-II

I'm now able to boot my installation of Catalina that was originally installed using Clover without issue. Once I had achieved this, I managed to get the USB install booted and installed Monterey onto a new SSD. Early on in the boot phase on the second part of the installation, the system reboots.

I'm attaching the full EFI folder, boot log and screenshot of the failed Monterey 2nd installation phase boot.

Did you update your version of OpenCore before trying to install Monterey?

Having fully updated OC and compared the config files (old Vs new), adding in the new syntax. I'm now getting a new boot error loading OC.

Attachments

• IMG_0717.jpeg
    IMG_0717.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 56
Having fully updated OC and compared the config files (old Vs new), adding in the new syntax. I'm now getting a new boot error loading OC.
make sure to use ocvalidate on your config.plist to make sure there are no errors

Everything appears to be correct. The latest version of OC with all the updated kexts, drivers & ACPI shows the same error booting the instal drive as it does my working Catalina install.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 55
  • opencore-2021-12-08-204125.txt
    256 KB · Views: 31
Everything appears to be correct. The latest version of OC with all the updated kexts, drivers & ACPI shows the same error booting the instal drive as it does my working Catalina install.

Hi there.

A couple of ideas:

1) You are missing AppleALC.kext although you have declared it in config.plist and enabled it. This will cause OC to freeze.

2) You have SSDT-AWAC.aml in your ACPI folder but have not declared it in config.plist. I believe you need to install this SSDT and enable it, especially with an ASUS board.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back