Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my first time using OpenCore after successfully running Clover fo many years on my CoffeeLake PC.

I've created a USB bootable drive and installed the OpenCore EFI folder. I've followed the OpenCore CoffeeLake install guide to the letter. On booting into the USB drive and selecting the Install macOS Monterey, I'm running into some issues I don't fully understand. Looking at the boot log, I can see OC failed to find SSDT-PCM.aml. This file is with the other ACPI files, so there must be a reason behind that.

There's also an issue at the end of the boot log:
12:018 00:037 AAPL: #[EB|RH:pF] usr\standalone\OS.dmg.root_hash
12:057 00:039 AAPL: #[EB|RH:MF] <"usr\\standalone\\OS.dmg.root_hash.x86legacyap.im4m">
12:097 00:039 AAPL: #[EB.LD.LF|IN] 0 1 <"usr\\standalone\\OS.dmg.root_hash"> <"0">
12:141 00:044 AAPL: #[EB.LD.OFS|OPEN!] Err(0xE) <"usr\\standalone\\OS.dmg.root_hash">
12:179 00:037 AAPL: #[EB.RH.LRH|P!] Err(0xE) <- EB.LD.LF
12:216 00:037 AAPL: #[EB.BST.FBS|!] Err(0xE) <- EB.RH.LRH

Any pointers would be most welcome!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 137
  • opencore-2021-12-04-172509.txt
    256 KB · Views: 80
:eek: Oops!

Ok, I've correct that silly mistake, but I'm still unable to load the boot drive.

Attachments

• opencore-2021-12-04-180250.txt
    256 KB · Views: 76
These two do the same job and are mutually exclusive :

Screenshot 2021-12-04 at 18.04.44.png

Not sure why you think that you need so many drivers, most people manage with just two.

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

I copied someone else's CoffeeLake install Drivers folder. I've now reduced the drivers folders to: HFSPlus, OpenRuntime & VirtualSmc.

Attachments

• opencore-2021-12-04-182834.txt
    256 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0669.jpeg
    IMG_0669.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 246
VirtualSMC.efi is built in to OpenCore. You don't need to add it to your /OC/Drivers folder.

You have USBInjectAll.kext and USBMap.kext in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder. You don't need UBInjectAll.kext if you have a custom USB config for your system.

Your Drivers folder should only contain HFSPlus.efi and OpenRuntime.efi, the other drivers can be removed from your setup. If you decide to use the OC GUI instead of the Picker List then you need to include OpenCanopy.efi.

The SSDT-PMC.aml is spelt wrong in your config.plist, it is still SSDT-PCM.aml. You need to edit the corresponding entry in the config when you change a kext, driver or SSDT.

Your config.plist contains entries for VoodooPS2Controller and the plugin kexts from this LAPTOP kext. You should remove these entries even if they are set to false in your config.

You have AirportBrcmFixup and its plugin kexts enabled in your config (Kernel > Add section) but don't have the kext in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder. Remove the config entries or add the kext to your setup.

Do not leave orphaned kexts or config entries in your setup.

You have an entry in both the DeviceProperties and NVRAM sections of your config for your Audio codec's layout-ID. You only need one of these to be enabled. Remove one or the other.

You have posted a copy of your Config.plist with your system serial number etc. readable. Doh! This is not wise as some cretin could come along and use your setup in their system. Never post a copy of your config with your Serial Number readable. Delete or redact the SN. Bit late now, so I would recommend you generate a new Serial Number, SystemUUID, MLB and ROM for your Hack.

You have UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion set as '0'. For Monterey these entries should be set as '-1'.

Last edited:
Thank you for your detailed response. I believe I've now addressed the issues you mentioned with the exception of the DeviceProperties/NVRAM as I could not find layout-id under the NVRAM section.

The Serial number I'm using here is not one I will be installing, it's only listed for development purposes.

I'm still unable to boot the install drive. I'm attaching a screenshot showing where it appears to be getting stuck with Kernel Services.

Attachments

• IMG_0672.jpeg
    IMG_0672.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 111
  • opencore-2021-12-05-133329.txt
    256 KB · Views: 46
  • config.plist
    26.2 KB · Views: 53
Your Z370 system shouldn't be using the SSDT-PMC.aml. True 300-series motherboards require that table. Your Z370 motherboard doesn't, as it is really a renamed Z270 board.

That is probably why the screen image says 'No arguments are initialised for Method (_SB)', as the SSDT-PMC.aml is asking for something that doesn't exist. Remove the SSDT-PMC.aml and config.plist entry, then see if you get past this kernel panic.

The NVRAM boot argument to enable your Audio layout-id is 'alcid=1'. As it is a boot argument rather than a DeviceProperty it is written in a different manner. Both can be used, just not at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back