Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z270E Gaming
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
1080ti
I am really not understanding what is going on here. I have an Alienware M14X R2 and have spent days getting my Hackintosh install to work perfectly. I now have trackpad/keyboard working thanks to Rehab Man.

I also was using a USB drive to transfer needed files during the initial setup. When using these flags I can boot into the system just fine and USB drives work.

IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N UseKernelCache=N dart=0 -x -v -f

However I no longer need these boot flags as I can boot just fine and the majority of the system works. However all of a sudden USB Storage devices do not mount. I can use USB Mice/Keyboards on all ports. But HDD and Flash Drives do not work. This makes NO SENSE!!!!

I am really not understanding what is going on here. I have an Alienware M14X R2 and have spent days getting my Hackintosh install to work perfectly. I now have trackpad/keyboard working thanks to Rehab Man.

I also was using a USB drive to transfer needed files during the initial setup. When using these flags I can boot into the system just fine and USB drives work.

IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N UseKernelCache=N dart=0 -x -v -f

However I no longer need these boot flags as I can boot just fine and the majority of the system works. However all of a sudden USB Storage devices do not mount. I can use USB Mice/Keyboards on all ports. But HDD and Flash Drives do not work. This makes NO SENSE!!!!

Probably a USB3 issue. What drivers are you using for USB3?

That is why I am completely lost in this. The drives are all USB 2.0 and work fine when using those boot flags listed. However when I boot into my system without flags only usb mice and keyboards work. I have tried all 3 ports too. It is only the HDD/Flash drives that have an issue. But why do they work when using those flags? Do those flags activate a magic kext that allows HDD/Flash drives?

That is why I am completely lost in this. The drives are all USB 2.0 and work fine when using those boot flags listed. However when I boot into my system without flags only usb mice and keyboards work. I have tried all 3 ports too. It is only the HDD/Flash drives that have an issue. But why do they work when using those flags? Do those flags activate a magic kext that allows HDD/Flash drives?

Like I said (already once)... likely a USB3 problem (unless your computer doesn't have USB3 ports).

And second time asking... What drivers are you using for USB3? Post ioreg if you want me to look: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Now Laptop will not start without -x (failed to shadow vbios). I read it was an issue with HWMonitor, so I updated HWMonitor. It fixed it for a while, now it is happening again.....

I tried a Generic Driver.GenericUSBXHCI

Attachments

• Alienware_mccahon.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 189
Now Laptop will not start without -x (failed to shadow vbios). I read it was an issue with HWMonitor, so I updated HWMonitor. It fixed it for a while, now it is happening again.....

HwMonitor is an app. Has nothing to do with booting your system.

Your issue sounds more like a graphics/bootloader issue...

I tried a Generic Driver.GenericUSBXHCI

Try with kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2.

Haha meant FakeSMC lol my bad. Removed FakeSMC and re did MultiBeast with USB 3, FakeSMC and your Graphics Patch HD4k-High and Everything works Great. Thank you.

Just checking one last thing though. People say the ram for HD4000 should only be 64Mb mine says 1024Mb in System Profiler. Is this normal

Haha meant FakeSMC lol my bad. Removed FakeSMC and re did MultiBeast with USB 3, FakeSMC and your Graphics Patch HD4k-High and Everything works Great. Thank you.

You should update your profile as it states you have only nvidia. If you're using HD4K-high, you must have HD4000 as well.

Just checking one last thing though. People say the ram for HD4000 should only be 64Mb mine says 1024Mb in System Profiler. Is this normal

64Mb is BIOS setting for desktop systems. Has nothing to do with the amount of memory used by the system for the graphics framebuffer implementation.

Everything seems to be working great. Only thing is I can not figure out if power management is working. Where do I look to see this. I found an old guide of how to check with IOReg in Lion but it has changed in Mavericks. I made a new IOReg file. I hope it is working, it just seems to get hot when running geekbench. Here is a video of my levels you can tell when I start geekbench.

[video=youtube;M5HmWPI-TqQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5HmWPI-TqQ[/video]

Attachments

• mccahon_Alienware_new.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 172
Everything seems to be working great. Only thing is I can not figure out if power management is working. Where do I look to see this. I found an old guide of how to check with IOReg in Lion but it has changed in Mavericks. I made a new IOReg file. I hope it is working, it just seems to get hot when running geekbench. Here is a video of my levels you can tell when I start geekbench.

[video=youtube;M5HmWPI-TqQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5HmWPI-TqQ[/video]

No IGPU PM (GFX0 not renamed to IGPU), but CPU PM looks ok. You could test with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...vericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html

Also looks like you have a discrete card that remains enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back