Contribute
Register

USB boots fine but installer does not start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Clover/drivers64UEFI is not per guide (guide says to use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, or OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi if needed, but never OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi).

That's another question I want to ask. Why do I need OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi? I cannot boot with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. I get a memory allocation error. I'm sure my nvram works as it keeps my backlight level intact after reboot. And it's a USB 2.0 thumb drive. Trying your FakeSMC now.

That's another question I want to ask. Why do I need OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi?

You don't.
Everything I have read about that particular EFI driver (from knowledgeable Clover dev apianti) says that that solution is wrong.

I cannot boot with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. I get a memory allocation error.

Did you try it with the correct config.plist?
Your other config.plist had incorrect SIP settings...

You don't.
Everything I have read about that particular EFI driver (from knowledgeable Clover dev apianti) says that that solution is wrong.

Did you try it with the correct config.plist?
Your other config.plist had incorrect SIP settings...
Update: It actually boots with OsxAptioFix2Drv and your config.plist. And you were right. The Installer takes a long time to open. You can mark it solved.

That's the ram alloc error I was talking about. This photo is from when I tried to boot my 10.11.6 partition using the USB with OsxAptioFix2Drv. So it boots the Mac OS Installer with OsxAptioFix2Drv but not the installed partitions.

Attachments

• IMG_20170707_015714.jpg
    IMG_20170707_015714.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 127
That's the ram alloc error I was talking about. This photo is from when I tried to boot my 10.11.6 partition using the USB with OsxAptioFix2Drv. So it boots the Mac OS Installer with OsxAptioFix2Drv but not the installed partitions.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Guide recommends OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi first.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Guide recommends OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi first.
Here it is. OsxAptioFixDrv.efi causes the same problem and I read that it's not useful with 10.11.4 or later.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 108
Here it is. OsxAptioFixDrv.efi causes the same problem and I read that it's not useful with 10.11.4 or later.

Keep in mind you should never have both OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in drivers64UEFI.
This EFI/Clover has OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.
Try with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (only).
Also, eliminate unnecessary *.efi files (see guide for essential list).
Also, depending on physical memory configuration (single RAM stick?), you may need to set memory details in config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory (it is mentioned in the guide).
Testing with OsxLowMemFix or none of OsxAptio*.efi or OsxLowMem*.efi is also valid.
On some computers, you may need to use Clover legacy (more predictable memory map).
This EFI/Clover has no SSDT-PluginType1.aml in ACPI/patched.

Finally, things can depend on the specific version of Clover you choose to use... Not all builds of Clover are good builds.

Keep in mind memory allocation requirements change when you start installing kexts to the system volume (kernel cache tends to grow). And also remember to install kexts correctly, don't use kext injection except for installer and recovery, and be sure to disable or remove ForceKextsToLoad on your HDD EFI/Clover (as mentioned in the guide).

Last edited:
Also, depending on physical memory configuration (single RAM stick?), you may need to set memory details in config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory (it is mentioned in the guide).
That's what I needed to do otherwise the laptop would restart immediatly after loading the kernel cache. (I think it's a "kmem" kernel panic). I have a single 8GB SODIMM and two slots. It would restart if I had the RAM installed on the first slot but it would boot fine if I moved it to the second one. Now it boots fine using the first slot and RAM details set on the config.plist. But I still need to fix that AptioFixDrv issue. (I have to use AptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi). All kexts are installed onto /S/L/E.

All kexts are installed onto /S/L/E.

I thought you were still trying to make it through the installer? (as per title of this thread...)

I thought you were still trying to make it through the installer? (as per title of this thread...)
The installer boots fine as I mentioned yesterday. The installed OS partitions (10.11.6 and 10.12.5) don't boot without OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back