Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen
CPU
8650U
Graphics
UHD 620 2560x1440
My usb 3.0 is working in High Sierra 10.13.2 on ports that aren't being treated as hubs. The HS03 port/hub is my four USB 3.0 rear ports, and all four ports are underneath device HS03 and in the factory DSDT are assigned HS15-18. I believe the SSP3 port/hub is the super speed corresponding to HS03 (however a device has never mounted to it). I'm currently using X99_Injector USB 3.kext in it's default form with no modification i have changed the port speed for HS03 to reflect 3.0 in the kext, but in IOReg it always puts the device to a USB 2.0 Hub and never switches it to SSP3. I've tried renaming the sub HS15-18 ports to PRT1-4, and that had no effect. I've generated a UIAC file to set the port limits and speeds and that also hasn't worked. I've booted with flag -uia_exclude_hs and it never passes the device to the SSP port.

I believe it's clearly how the HS03 port/hub is being handled and I'm not sure what the proper way of addressing it in an SSDT or a DSDT would be.

Kexts in use are USBInjectAll and X99_Injector USB 3 both under S/L/E

BIOS settings are XHCI Mode Audo
XHCI Handoff Enabled
EHCI Handoff Enabled
Legacy Disabled
60/64 Emulation Disabled

I'm attaching and un-patched DSDT, IOReg capture with 3.0 devices plugged in (one on intern 3.0 header treated as individual port, an the other on HS03 Hub), and my EFI.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...el-capitan-10-11-5-installation-guide.197830/
this was the closest guide i was able to find tackling my issue, but his DSDT edits haven't helped.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• GA-X99M-Gaming 5 files.zip
    23 MB · Views: 128
My usb 3.0 is working in High Sierra 10.13.2 on ports that aren't being treated as hubs. The HS03 port/hub is my four USB 3.0 rear ports, and all four ports are underneath device HS03 and in the factory DSDT are assigned HS15-18. I believe the SSP3 port/hub is the super speed corresponding to HS03 (however a device has never mounted to it). I'm currently using X99_Injector USB 3.kext in it's default form with no modification i have changed the port speed for HS03 to reflect 3.0 in the kext, but in IOReg it always puts the device to a USB 2.0 Hub and never switches it to SSP3. I've tried renaming the sub HS15-18 ports to PRT1-4, and that had no effect. I've generated a UIAC file to set the port limits and speeds and that also hasn't worked. I've booted with flag -uia_exclude_hs and it never passes the device to the SSP port.

I believe it's clearly how the HS03 port/hub is being handled and I'm not sure what the proper way of addressing it in an SSDT or a DSDT would be.

Kexts in use are USBInjectAll and X99_Injector USB 3 both under S/L/E

BIOS settings are XHCI Mode Audo
XHCI Handoff Enabled
EHCI Handoff Enabled
Legacy Disabled
60/64 Emulation Disabled

I'm attaching and un-patched DSDT, IOReg capture with 3.0 devices plugged in (one on intern 3.0 header treated as individual port, an the other on HS03 Hub), and my EFI.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...el-capitan-10-11-5-installation-guide.197830/
this was the closest guide i was able to find tackling my issue, but his DSDT edits haven't helped.

Thanks in advance.

I figured out the DSDT edits, I'm also now using FakePCIID and FakeXHCIMux to separate the USB 2/3 ports appropriately. Just going to limit the number of ports with UIAC file and modify the X99_Injector accordingly. Hope this helps someone else.

Please see the attached DSDT file.

Attachments

• DSDTedited.aml
    203.3 KB · Views: 178
Hello jhonizzle!
I have the same problem and I tried the kext you mentioned, didn't work for me! Can you please share your kexts please?
Also I see you are using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, why you are not using ssdt generated by Pike's script for native PM?
Thank you!

Hello jhonizzle!
I have the same problem and I tried the kext you mentioned, didn't work for me! Can you please share your kexts please?
Also I see you are using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, why you are not using ssdt generated by Pike's script for native PM?
Thank you!

Hey Rikoshet, I'm attaching my 100% working clover setup I'm all the way on 10.13.4 now. For my USB's to get them working I simply needed to boot Windows once, plug in some devices and then they all worked in MacOS.

See my attached Clover folder, the DSDT may cause you issues if your PCI devices don't match mine. So you may have to pull them out of the DSDT or edit it yourself.

Attachments

• Gaming5Clover.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 133
To mods: I'm not selling nothing, please ask before delete my post. I was offering my help to build a more powerful hack! Thank you!

Hello jhonizzle! Thank you, it worked now , but I lost my bluetooth (apple wifi/bt combo)...

To mods: I'm not selling nothing, please ask before delete my post. I was offering my help to build a more powerful hack! Thank you!

Hello jhonizzle! Thank you, it worked now , but I lost my bluetooth (apple wifi/bt combo)...

It’s because the placement of PCI devices is different from my DSDT, GPU takes up first two slots then I have PCI to M.2 adapter because the internal M.2 was only getting 500MB/s vs the 3000+ I should’ve been getting. Then last devices is my PCI to Airport Adapter. Try placing your card in the last slot.

It’s because the placement of PCI devices is different from my DSDT, GPU takes up first two slots then I have PCI to M.2 adapter because the internal M.2 was only getting 500MB/s vs the 3000+ I should’ve been getting. Then last devices is my PCI to Airport Adapter. Try placing your card in the last slot.

Please explain, you are able to get over 3000MBPS on internal m2 slot? r you mean you placed your m2 ssd under another pci slot with an m2-pci aapter, like I did?

About my usb bluetooth: I don't think it's pci issue since it was working fine under 10.13.2. But after update I lost my usb3.0 port so I was looking for a solution. Your solution is fine for usb3.0 but I lost some usb2.0 devices.

P.S.: in deleted by mods message I was ofering my help in case you want to upgrade to a xeon cpu. I have mine for 2 years and I'm happy!

I’m using a M.2 to PCI adapter, the onboard M.2 was throttling the speed of my drive.

The reason your USB 2.0’s dropped is probably because I’ve got them switched off in my UIAC file in /ACPI/patched. You can delete it and build your own UIAC or boot with -uia_ignore_rmcf that will drop my UIAC and you can map the ports you need in the config.

I'm too using an adapter for m2 ssd.
Is the a guide to making mine UIAC?
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back