Contribute
Register

USB 3.0 drivers for OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
FrankNFurter said:
HoosierInFL said:
I installed the USB 3 drivers via Multibeast on my Gigabyte Z68 board. The system shows the super speed ports, but my Western Digital USB3 drive never mounts.
Have you ever tried to "add" more power to the drive, e.g. by using a USB to Power cable or a "Y-cable"? I had similar problems with all sorts of configs (IOMega drives, WD drives in non-WD enclosures, etc.). Once they spin-up and are recognized by the system, they are rock-stable, though...
F'n'F.

The drive has its own external power adapter.

another WD MyBook Essential USB3 not detected here. Tried on Asrock Z68 Pro3 with Etron (EJ168A?) chip. Using driver from mb.

EasyViber said:
another WD MyBook Essential USB3 not detected here. Tried on Asrock Z68 Pro3 with Etron (EJ168A?) chip. Using driver from mb.

The Etron drivers for Windows that have been available so far are crap. Try these ones http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Dr ... n_usb3.exe that's version 1.04, they should've fixed a lot of issues.

I presume you're trying this is Windows, right? As there are no OSX drivers for Etron, although apparently the modified LaCie drivers are sort of meant to be working.

I got my WD USB3 disk detected... but not always. Usually it gets detected if I turn it on and plug it after Lion was already working... and in this rare cases when it's detected, it works at usb3 speeds. But now I'm not sure what drivers are being used as I've installed ones from MB and some Lacie drivers :)

Is usb 3.0 working in lion?
I am running osx 10.7.1 on Asus P8Z68-V Pro

1.USB Super-Speed Bus is showing in system report
2.My usb 2.0 jump drive plugged to usb3 port is showing in system report but not mounting
3.My Lacie usb 3.0 drive only mounting on usb 2.0 port. When plugged to usb3.0 not recognised even in system report

I have installed usb3.0 kext from multi beast 4.0.2 but doesn't work for me :thumbdown:
Any advice... please?

USB Super-Speed Bus:

Host Controller Location: Built-in USB
Host Controller Driver: PXHCD
PCI Device ID: 0x1042
PCI Revision ID: 0x0000
PCI Vendor ID: 0x1b21
Bus Number: 0xff

JD LIGHTNING II:

Product ID: 0xa640
Vendor ID: 0x05dc (Lexar Media, Inc.)
Version: 11.00
Serial Number: AA04011600001271
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: LEXAR MEDIA
Location ID: 0xff300000 / 2
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500

Hi,

After installing the usb kext with multi beast for Lion, I can see the USB Super-Speed Bus port, but my Conceptronic Docking Station USB 3.0 is connected at maximum speed up to 480 mb/sec, this is USB 2 speed. http://www.conceptronic.net/product.php?id=34&linkid=35

What can be wrong ?

Nothing new from VLI and no idea if the new kext will work or not, sorry, but you'll have to try and see. As I mentioned, VLI aren't putting any resources into it until Apple officially supports USB 3.0, which may be soon, or never.

I have done some tests with the hacked Lacie Drivers.

Unfortunatly, the unlock is not quite complete.

Using a Lacie harddisk, it always works.

Using other HDs, they only mount if connected during booting.
Once unmounted, mounting seems blocked and not possible.

This is not the case for the LAcie HD.

It would be really cool if a proper hack for the Lacie drivers was release.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back