Contribute
Register

USB 3.0 drivers for OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a driver compatibility issue then, I guess that could be the reason as to why so many people are having problems..?
In all fairness, I've only tried an ADATA USB 3.0 flash drive and an ASMedia SATA to USB 3.0 bridge, haven't tried any JMicron stuff.

Hi everyone!

As I was not so careful while was choosing MB and bought Asus P8h67-I (not delux edition).
For those who not familiar with this MB it has Asmedia USB 3.0 controller, which doesn't work in osx. After adding "common" usb3 driver (PXHCD.kext) USB super speed bus appeared in system information but non of any USB devices worked connected to it :crazy:
I've read a lot of topics on this site and other but nothing worked. Then I found topic viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39478 where lad said that he made it work. I've downloaded this software but it didn't recognise my HW. Then I saw folder firmware update which I performed under windows, after rebooting to osx my usb 3.0 ports work.

So I think it's working solution for Asmedia USB3 owners :headbang:

Sorry for my English

I install MB 4.1.0 last version with USB 30. kext, my sytem show usb super-speed but i have 2 corsair pen drive 16gb and 32gb but no one is recognized
Some help???
Tahnks

Yep...I've tried the new update too...as before it installs and shows in system profile including the VIA VLI usb3 hubs on many new MBOS.

I bought a usb3 pen drive to test these usb ports but osx does not recognize it.

I do not know if this is due to the pen drive not being osx compatible or that the VLI hubs are still not working?

Can anyone recommend a cheap USB3 device which is known working with osx usb3 ports?

For the time USB 3.0 devices are not recognized when connected via the VLI hubs.
Depending on the motherboard you are using there might be some USB 3.0 connectors which are connected directly to the NEC/Renesas chip. Check your documentation.
Then you´ll have to find out which of your connectors they are: Just try them all... :cool:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=262&t=28248&start=30

You are the man Tony!!! After install new release of MB 4.2.0 my two ports USB 3.0 recognized my pen drive!!! :headbang:
Thanks Tony!!!

Be on the lookout for issues with 2nd sleep and shutdown after 1st sleep/wake, with the latest PXHCD 1.08, found in Multibeast 4.2.
This only seems to be happening on boards with built in USB3.

My P55M-UD4 with added NEC USB3 PCIe card is working fine with absolutely no issues.

mine keeps randomly disconnecting as well ... Im on a GA-H67N mobo with internal usb 3.0 ports, the device is WD my book essential 3.0 ... any ideas on what to do to resolve this ?

kamchez said:
mine keeps randomly disconnecting as well ... Im on a GA-H67N mobo with internal usb 3.0 ports, the device is WD my book essential 3.0 ... any ideas on what to do to resolve this ?
Buy a Dynamode 2.5" enclosure for your WD drive and put the drive in that instead of the WD enclosure.
Cost around a tenner on Amazon/Ebay.

I'm having a similar problem with a WD MyBook Essential ejecting itself. Would changing the enclosure fix this problem? It looks like dynamode is mainly available in the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back