CPU
i5-3230M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've done two previous OS X installs in my laptop before (model in my profile), in which all USB ports worked just fine. It has two USB 3.0s in one side and a USB 2.0 in the other, but this time the 2.0 port no longer works. The first install I did in the laptop was with El Capitan and an upgrade to Sierra, the second was just with Sierra, what I'm doing now is basically the same as the previous install, however that USB port refuses to work. I've used Unibeast for the install and the SMBIOS is set as MacBookPro 10,1 (MacBookPro9,2 doesn't work either). Is there any reason for why this is happening and a solution to it?

Try to route the 2.0 ports to the EHCI controller using FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext

I've done two previous OS X installs in my laptop before (model in my profile), in which all USB ports worked just fine. It has two USB 3.0s in one side and a USB 2.0 in the other, but this time the 2.0 port no longer works. The first install I did in the laptop was with El Capitan and an upgrade to Sierra, the second was just with Sierra, what I'm doing now is basically the same as the previous install, however that USB port refuses to work. I've used Unibeast for the install and the SMBIOS is set as MacBookPro 10,1 (MacBookPro9,2 doesn't work either). Is there any reason for why this is happening and a solution to it?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back