Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit the spacebar at chameleon boot and type dsdt= and the exact directory of the different dsdt you want to boot.
By default the chameleon will load the DSDT.aml located at /Extra folder.

nikstar said:
Also you can have two or more DSDT's and you can chose at chameleon boot, which one to load.
So you can have a DSDT for the old screen and the DSDT for 1080p in different names in the same directory.
Do you mean that the DSDT for 1080p doesn't work for the old screen ?

Yes. If you want to boot with the old screen with the new DSDT boot with "DSDT=no" Or "DSDT=none" and put back the old one.

nikstar said:
Yes. If you want to boot with the old screen with the new DSDT boot with "DSDT=no" Or "DSDT=none" and put back the old one.

So.. for a fresh 10.7.3 install a person could run Blueking's old 3.3.0 installer with the original DSDT (and it will work fine with the new 1920x1080 screen), and to get the higher resolutions simply install the new DSDT Blueking posted earlier in the thread.

Does this all sound correct?

No it doesn't work like this. The new screen doesn't work with the old DSDT at all.
After Lion installation you need to have access at that partition from another OS, in order to put at the Extra folder the correct DSDT for the new panel.

It would be an honor for me if someone explains me (us) the following thing.
I want to know if it is possible to upgrade to any laptop screen as long as it is having
-40 pin connector
-connector is placed on left side
-it is LED backlight
-dimension is 15.4

Or you just have to choose from the three screens that are mentioned in the previous posts.
The reason i am asking this is because most of the sellers (ie laptop screen) are not shipping laptop screens to Pakistan (my country) and i am only left with one option and that is to go to the local market in my country and try to find the best possible match.

Ok, I installed the screen and everything is working now with the $55 Alinc cable.
The 4730s cable is NOT working with the latest model 4530s with the 500Gb HDD and the 2.3 i3 whatever the model is.
Now I have another issue - can't boot Lion. Tried patched 4530 DSDT, tried 4730 DSDT. I either go into kernel panic or endless white screen.
I'm so fed up with this piece of ****, that I'm about to go return it to Microcenter and never buy HP again (first time HP user, last time for sure).
Can anyone patch a DSDT for me? This is the one that was working before:

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    141.1 KB · Views: 101
Chipsybg said:
Ok, I installed the screen and everything is working now with the $55 Alinc cable.
The 4730s cable is NOT working with the latest model 4530s with the 500Gb HDD and the 2.3 i3 whatever the model is.
Now I have another issue - can't boot Lion. Tried patched 4530 DSDT, tried 4730 DSDT. I either go into kernel panic or endless white screen.
I'm so fed up with this piece of ****, that I'm about to go return it to Microcenter and never buy HP again (first time HP user, last time for sure).
Can anyone patch a DSDT for me? This is the one that was working before:

I did not update your DSDT itself but can give you mine. You can try it by getting it into /Extra and then boot with the option DSDT=/Extra/DSDT1080p.aml

When it boots you may be getting 1024x768 but no worries. Go to system preferences, Display, and choose what you like.

After my reinstall this evening of 10.7.3, and after running pro book installer, my machine is NOT using this DSDT but it worked before (incl lowering fan speed) on the PB as in my sig.

If you reinstall 10.7.3 you will face some issues, so probably best to try this DSDT first.
If it don't work, someone has to patch yours.

Attachments

• DSDT1080p.aml
    139 KB · Views: 92
Thanks, DarfWeder.
I tried your DSDT. Endless loop, no boot again.
Seems like the latest model of 4530s is a major PITA - jerky touchpad, incompatibility with the 4730s HD+ cable, now this DSDT issue. Another issue is that the BIOS says I have a incompatible motherboard, lol. I have to hit ENTER to continue upon every reboot.
I tried patching mine too according to the BigDonkey tutorial, compiled it and it still doesn't work. I'll try a fresh install tomorrow and if it doesn't work I'll simply return it to the store.

Can ANYONE help me boot Lion? Beers are given away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back