Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
maly70 said:
waqarhassanpk said:
So i am assuming that those of you who have hands on the newer version of probook are rather in pain because the workarounds and the manipulations that were compatible with the older versions of 4530s are somehow incompatible with the current "newer" version.
i got 1080p screen and cable from HP (646274-001) i switch the cable and change the screen but, the pc is not working now. I turned it on power light is on but laptop is silent and quiet then after 3 seconds laptop turns off.
What is the problem? did i do something wrong??
duno(**** i am not lucky with this 1080p screen)
:crazy:
Probook 4530s 2330 i3 500GB Realtek (switched to Atheros9285)

Do you have the newer version of the Hp probook i mean have you bought it recently?

maly70 said:
Yes i bought it 2 months ago
Then i am afraid you are out of luck here, i may be wrong however but it seems so. I have received the cable already, going to order the screen in a day or two. Hopefully i would get succeed
PS: I have older version of probook

maly70 said:
waqarhassanpk said:
So i am assuming that those of you who have hands on the newer version of probook are rather in pain because the workarounds and the manipulations that were compatible with the older versions of 4530s are somehow incompatible with the current "newer" version.
i got 1080p screen and cable from HP (646274-001) i switch the cable and change the screen but, the pc is not working now. I turned it on power light is on but laptop is silent and quiet then after 3 seconds laptop turns off.
What is the problem? did i do something wrong??
duno(**** i am not lucky with this 1080p screen)
:crazy:
Probook 4530s 2330 i3 500GB Realtek (switched to Atheros9285)
take the keyboard off and check every flat cable connector, you didn't miss any?

GregCH said:
take the keyboard off and check every flat cable connector, you didn't miss any?

Probably one of the many flat ribbon connectors is loose or not connected properly.

Is your CapsLock blinking? Does the screen lighten up a little or not?
Mine did the same thing with the cheap cable, had to order the $55 cable from Alinc in order to use the screen, the cheap 4730s cable was NOT working in my laptop. Seems like you have the same version as me.
Also the new version has a screen whitelist, as every time I boot I have to hit Enter to continue because the BIOS doesn't recognize some Main Board. :banghead:

The used to be amazing probook is not amazing anymore :banghead:

maly70 said:
It seems like ur right?Caplslock is not blinking at all an screen not lighten up at all
no light except the power light that lasts for 3 seconds and turn back off.
i put back original screen still the same issue
where did you buy ur cable (link) please and if u still have part # please that would be appreciated.

That mean you got something disconnected somewhere. I'd open it back up and check every connection.
When you say that you've tried the old screen, did you try it with the new cable? Did you put the RAM back in?

waqarhassanpk said:
The used to be amazing probook is not amazing anymore :banghead:

Well, it could be amazing again if the people that know what they're doing get back in the thread and help. Seems like they're gone forever. :thumbdown:

maly70 said:
yes i did put everything back. I wonder is there any ribbon cable just beside Keyboard cable? cause it is empty (no cable) is it from factory like that?
i take everything out except RAM ( i did not remember to take it out) battery was out first
Is there any ribbon cable or connection should be from the button?

I think this is for optional fingerprint scanner. Mine is empty too.
I'm pretty sure you have some cable disconnected somewhere. Did you use the sticky part of the monitor cable to glue it to the screen? Did you ground it? Is everything connected to the motherboard? Did you try it with the old VGA cable?

Success!

I got the B156HW01 V.4 screen and the cable (for 30 freaking dollars!)
I then was able to upgrade the DSDT file, I replaced it a few times (kept getting yellow and pink screen)

After I replaced the DSDT file and ran Kext Utilities and BAM!

It all worked with the HP repair site and the youtube vid of the guy taking the monitor apart.

I'm very happy with the results! Thank you all for making tonymac what it is!
w00t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back