Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
timohour said:
masso912 said:
It seems that the connector misses some pin cables. I think ours have 30 pin effective.
It will support 1080p or we will need the HD+ connector?

:( I don't think 1080p will work. you will need a new cable with support for higher res.
I don't know which cable is that but I think you on a earlier post posted a hp number.
Where did you find this? Here you can see the picture of 656805-001 cable used by DV6 guys who did the conversion successfully. If it fits I find no reason why it shouldn't work.
No they are not universal but most companies doesn't change them frequently. So there is a chance that a cable for another machine will work with ours.

Ok i get it, now i open the pc and check.

EDIT:

BigDonkey said:
timohour said:
Also I would recommend an LP156WF1(TL)(F3) instead of an B156HW01 cause most people say it is better in colours.
Thanks. All the info has been very helpful

I decided to go with LP156WF1(TL)(F3) matte
http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/scr ... 9%28F3%29/

and you right, connector is on the left side.

4530lcd.jpg

You bought the 1080p too? We need to find a replacement cable, not the HD+ one but one which supports full HD. (Or maybe even the HD+ one if it has all 40 pin :D )

Anyone has bought the cable already? Could you please send us some photos about the cable before install it? (and check if all the 40 pin connector are attached by unveiling the connector)?

masso912 said:
You bought the 1080p too? We need to find a replacement cable, not the HD+ one but one which supports full HD. (Or maybe even the HD+ one if it has all 40 pin :D )

Anyone has bought the cable already? Could you please send us some photos about the cable before install it? (and check if all the 40 pin connector are attached by unveiling the connector)?

The HD+ cable would do just fine because it uses all the 40 pins (needed for HD+ res 1600x900).
What happened when you try to power on with the 1080p screen? (leds blinking, beep, screen light but no picture) Is it possible to describe?

@liposuction

it was this page

timohour said:
masso912 said:

The HD+ cable would do just fine because it uses all the 40 pins (needed for HD+ res 1600x900).
What happened when you try to power on with the 1080p screen? (leds blinking, beep, screen light but no picture) Is it possible to describe?

Still haven't received it yet, haven't tried.
About the HD+ cable...
The hp elitebook 8560p has the 1080p option, but there's only a cable for 1366x760 and 1600x900 (HD+). HP doesn't sell any 1080p cable, so probably the HD+ cable fits also 1080p.
So, i believe that HD+ cable for our 4530s is a dual link 40pin which supports also 1080p.
if anyone has bought it please refer to the previous post. :)

I guess i have to order that cable... :?
First, i'll wait for someone who has already bought it for his 1600x900 screen and see if it really has all 40 pin.

masso912 said:
Still haven't received it yet, haven't tried.
About the HD+ cable...
The hp elitebook 8560p has the 1080p option, but there's only a cable for 1366x760 and 1600x900 (HD+). HP doesn't sell any 1080p cable, so probably the HD+ cable fits also 1080p.
So, i believe that HD+ cable for our 4530s is a dual link 40pin which supports also 1080p.
if anyone has bought it please refer to the previous post. :)

I guess i have to order that cable... :?
First, i'll wait for someone who has already bought it for his 1600x900 screen and see if it really has all 40 pin.

As I already stated on a previous post you can use a dual
Link 40 pin cable to connect any res you want. It just the single link that won't work with 1440x900 and above. That's why 8560p uses the same cable for 768p and 900p and can be also upgraded to a 1080p.

@ liposuction
We are waiting. :think:

Wow. Be VERY careful with the hinge covers. The metal around them is VERY soft. I barely did anything to try and get the hinge covers off and look at the metal. Yikes.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 352
Um. Yeah, the cable that came with my 4430s does NOT support this resolution (1600x900). I had the original hard drive that shipped with this notebook, and booted up Windows. Pretty rough. Let me see if I can get a picture of what it looks like at 1600x900.

Not sure yet. I suppose I have to take the entire bottom apart now right? Ugh.

EDIT - Okay the video cable is not a part of the web cam cable. Why would the video cable and the web cam cable need to be replaced? Do they meet up at the motherboard or something?

EDIT2 - This'll help:
http://h20464.www2.hp.com/resultsCSR.ht ... DEA91F798F

They are a separated and doesn't meet on the motherboard, you should buy only HD+ cable for your new led panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back