Contribute
Register

Upgrade to Server via Server App?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i5 4670K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi! Currently my Hackintosh has been running smoothly for a few months now. I love it :). I've upgraded to a SS Drive and everything with out any compatibility issues. What i would like to know now is: would it be possible to upgrade to the Server version (Mavericks) with the Server App? If so, what do i have to be concerned of? Anything?

My System Specs

View attachment Mac Pro.pdf

Hi! Currently my Hackintosh has been running smoothly for a few months now. I love it :). I've upgraded to a SS Drive and everything with out any compatibility issues. What i would like to know now is: would it be possible to upgrade to the Server version (Mavericks) with the Server App? If so, what do i have to be concerned of? Anything?

My System Specs

View attachment 108878

There are people that do run OS X server on pc hardware. As to issues that may be of concern - the only thing that I can think of is if you have problems moving big files over the network then consider using a Mac compatible NIC card rather than the built in ethernet.

You attachment and profile lack important info like your motherboard model which should be listed under system.

My current setup is

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz
ST1000DM003-1CH162
3 Displays
GA-Z87MX-D3H motherboard

Sorry i missed that one :)

I cannot think of any issues - most people would not run server software with a GTX770 and current i5 processor. Try installing it on a separate HDD for a week or so and get the feel of how it suits you purpose this will let you test it properly before going 'live'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back