Dell Inspiron 5379 2-in-1
CPU
Intel i5 8250u
Graphics
Intel UHD 620 (1920x1080)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've been trying for multiple days to get my probook updated to 10.12. I used the Hotpatch method from rehabman when installing, although strangely I had issues with Clover on installing in that it refused to install to the EFI partition even though it was set to install to UEFI only and I manually transferred the installed output of Clover onto the EFI partition. And even after correctly installing all the kexts and configuring the config.plist correctly, when booting with verbose mode, I would just get an output of:
"+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"
and nothing else. Any ideas on that?

Eventually I installed Clover and got it working using the Probook installer and then updated the config and kexts etc. using the hotpatch method. But now I'm trying to update to 10.12 and initially the installer wouldn't show itself in Clover at all but I'm assuming that it had to do with the windows system reserved patition too the s1 partition and confused everything because when I went used Gparted to delete that partition and increase the EFI partition into that space. And since it has almost like magic appeared on the Clover bootscreen.

And now finally, when I'm trying to run the installer from the clover screen it would end up on a grey screen and I'd get the spinning ball of death in the top left corner and no mouse or keyboard input works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if any diagnostic files are required let me know and I'll extract them as soon as I possibly can.

I've been trying for multiple days to get my probook updated to 10.12. I used the Hotpatch method from rehabman when installing, although strangely I had issues with Clover on installing in that it refused to install to the EFI partition even though it was set to install to UEFI only and I manually transferred the installed output of Clover onto the EFI partition. And even after correctly installing all the kexts and configuring the config.plist correctly, when booting with verbose mode, I would just get an output of:
"+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"
and nothing else. Any ideas on that?

Eventually I installed Clover and got it working using the Probook installer and then updated the config and kexts etc. using the hotpatch method. But now I'm trying to update to 10.12 and initially the installer wouldn't show itself in Clover at all but I'm assuming that it had to do with the windows system reserved patition too the s1 partition and confused everything because when I went used Gparted to delete that partition and increase the EFI partition into that space. And since it has almost like magic appeared on the Clover bootscreen.

And now finally, when I'm trying to run the installer from the clover screen it would end up on a grey screen and I'd get the spinning ball of death in the top left corner and no mouse or keyboard input works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if any diagnostic files are required let me know and I'll extract them as soon as I possibly can.

Read ProBook guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

As requested

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 127
As requested

Your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is not per guide. You cannot expect to boot the macOS installer without the proper kexts...

Your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is not per guide. You cannot expect to boot the macOS installer without the proper kexts...
Ah, such a simple oversight by myself to not check my Clover install. Got everything up and running fine now. Thanks RehabMan as always.

If I may ask, is it possible for you to check if the bluetooth controller in my new card is more compatible with OS X. Thanks again

If I may ask, is it possible for you to check if the bluetooth controller in my new card is more compatible with OS X. Thanks again

You have 13d3:3404. It is Broadcom and compatible to some extent. Probably not perfect, but should work for basic device connections.

Should handoff/continuity be more stable? Since installing it iMessage has started working properly as well so I am optimistic. It's also gone multiple sleeps without losing bluetooth

Maybe Clover is installed without OsxAptioFixDrv.efi (or OsxAptioFixDrv2.efi)
Check which driver is installed

I've been trying for multiple days to get my probook updated to 10.12....

Could you post your reults? Do have have your 10.12 update up and running? Does it have any issues? And which?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back