Contribute
Register

Updating on GA-Z77N-WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

iMessages works by way of using the fileNVRAM fix posted elsewhere on this forum. Not only does iMessages work, but dropbox no longer asks me for permission to "connect" every time I log in from restart. (the 1.1.2 version.)

And, despite earlier complaining about sleep, it actually always did work. I notice auto-sleep a) first puts the monitor to sleep then b) a little time later finally puts the desktop to sleep. It's not as instant as with a regular Mac - but who cares.

100% functionality with no SSDT/DSDT.

edit: I noticed that console was getting flooded with constant errors. Turns out that was the temperatures feature from iStats. I removed that particular function from the menu bar and instead rely upon HWMonitor. Console no longer flooded with errors.

The guide describes how to do a fresh install. Its not an upgrade. If you do that on you ML drive you will loose everything.

But under step four in the UniBeast guide they say "
If you are upgrading from Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion and you want to keep your files and apps, skip steps a-j."
Doesn't that mean that you are able to update your current hackintosh without loosing anything?

(here's a link to the guide
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html )

anyone else have some audio noise? with ALC 892?

anyone else have some audio noise? with ALC 892?

Yepp

After a few minutes playing Youtube video the sound gets more and more distorted. But if I start a new video then the sound is ok again for a while

This with Chrome and the built in Flash Player

Yepp

After a few minutes playing Youtube video the sound gets more and more distorted. But if I start a new video then the sound is ok again for a while

This with Chrome and the built in Flash Player

Also with iTunes, same problem. Has anyone tried with VoodooHDA? Or with another System Definitions? With ML I've the system definition of an iMac 12,2

Update- I didn't loose anything when i updated my ML with the unibeast guide except the steps i mentioned earlier!

But i experience the same noise problem as the rest of you, some sparkling sound happens time to time. I use the ALC892 drivers and the mac pro 3.1 definition. Very anoying

edit: My two usb 3.0 ports doesn't work either, neither with my usb 3.0 disk or my usb 2.0 memory.

second edit- Fixed my usb 3.0 problem! I deleted the GenericUSBXHCI.kext which i got from choosing USB3.0 drivers under misc in multibeast.

For activating iMessage i've installed Clover Bootloader on an USB stick and i've booted with it.

I'm having a bit of trouble with my hackintosh.

Config:
GA-Z77n-wifi
i5-3570K
2 x 8 GB memory
Geforce GTX 570
Samsung 830 120GB SSD

On ML I had a setup that worked flawless, but with Mavericks it's another story.

When I installed I reset the BIOS to optimized default. I removed the Geforce during initial install. Install went smooth. But when I got into Mavericks I didn't have any internet connection. After fiddling with it for some time I got that working. Audio works as well.

Now I have a problem with the Geforce GTX 570 - can't find the correct setting for getting it to work. When I install the GTX570 and boot I get as far as the grey screen with the apple logo. After that there is no signal - on neither of the ports, both onboard and on the GTX570. I feel I've tried every config and DSDT config, but I properly missed something.

Another problem is bluetooth - it's working and I connected my Magic Trackpad. But OSX doesn't find it as a Trackpad, but a Magic Mouse. Because of that I have no gestures working and I'm not able to configure it is system controls.

The last thing for now is the App Store. Whenever I try to install any apps I get a "Unknown error" after having entered my password.

Are any of you able to point me in the right direction?

Or if you have a simelar setup and have a MultiBeast config I could copy I would be a very happy geek :)

I'm having a bit of trouble with my hackintosh.

Config:
GA-Z77n-wifi
i5-3570K
2 x 8 GB memory
Geforce GTX 570
Samsung 830 120GB SSD

On ML I had a setup that worked flawless, but with Mavericks it's another story.

When I installed I reset the BIOS to optimized default. I removed the Geforce during initial install. Install went smooth. But when I got into Mavericks I didn't have any internet connection. After fiddling with it for some time I got that working. Audio works as well.

Now I have a problem with the Geforce GTX 570 - can't find the correct setting for getting it to work. When I install the GTX570 and boot I get as far as the grey screen with the apple logo. After that there is no signal - on neither of the ports, both onboard and on the GTX570. I feel I've tried every config and DSDT config, but I properly missed something.

Another problem is bluetooth - it's working and I connected my Magic Trackpad. But OSX doesn't find it as a Trackpad, but a Magic Mouse. Because of that I have no gestures working and I'm not able to configure it is system controls.

The last thing for now is the App Store. Whenever I try to install any apps I get a "Unknown error" after having entered my password.

Are any of you able to point me in the right direction?

Or if you have a simelar setup and have a MultiBeast config I could copy I would be a very happy geek :)

For the GTX problem add this on your org.chamaleon.Boot.plist file in the Extra folder of your SSD

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back