Contribute
Register

Updating Mavericks 10.9: GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some help. Updated my machine perfectly but my brother's machine, which is identical except for him using onboard video and I'm using GTX 670. Mavericks installs but won't boot - Bluetooth error. Anyone have a fix? or is he going to have to buy a video card?

Thanks in advance!

Hi -(almost) everything works - except boot order.
My boot partition is never disk0 - I tried a lot with bios settings....
And: Chimera 2.2.1 wants to boot hd(0,2) - I tried setting "Default Partition" to hd(1,2) or Maverics - but after the boot icon prompt it alwas goes to hd(0,2) which does not have OSX installed.
I can boot via USB - select Mavericks - and it works fine; including sleep/wakeup, AppStore etc

Any hint is welcome
regards
Gerhard
Here goes diskutil:
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *2.0 TB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Time Machine 2.0 TB disk0s2
/dev/disk1
0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS Mavericks 500.1 GB disk1s2
3: Apple_HFS Video 499.6 GB disk1s3
/dev/disk2
0: GUID_partition_scheme *2.0 TB disk2
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk2s1
2: Apple_HFS MacDATA 600.0 GB disk2s2
3: Apple_HFS Data 600.0 GB disk2s3
4: Apple_HFS SPACE 791.3 GB disk2s4
5: Apple_HFS Installer 7.4 GB disk2s5
/dev/disk3
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *16.2 GB disk3
1: Apple_HFS USB MAV 16.2 GB disk3s1

and Boot.plist
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>Mavericks</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Need some help. Updated my machine perfectly but my brother's machine, which is identical except for him using onboard video and I'm using GTX 670. Mavericks installs but won't boot - Bluetooth error. Anyone have a fix? or is he going to have to buy a video card?

Thanks in advance!

Hi monty,

Try booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. The default in MultiBeast is GE=No. This could be the reason.

I have used Unibeast 3.0.0 to create a Mavericks USB and when I boot from it I get the Apple logo and the hour glass effect but then the PC sort of reboots (you can hear it reset) and the display never comes back and I have to do a hard reset. I have tried with the -x option but that makes no difference. My hardware is in my signature and I am trying to upgrade an existing 10.8.5 install - but it never gets that far because it doesn't even get to the screen where you are asked what language etc. Can ANYONE help please ?

Same problem on Z77x-UD5h i7 3770k hd4000

Well, I tried to update my System from 10.8.2:

i5 3570K
Z77X-UD5H
ATI 6870

First of all, I made a copy of my SSD with Carbon Copy Cleaner and tried to update without making a complete fresh install.

And this is what I get.

Can anybody help me pls?

20131025_162157 Kopie.jpg

you need Mac Pro 3.1 or delate one of the kext same one as on .10.8
AppleTyMCEDriver

Hi monty,

Try booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. The default in MultiBeast is GE=No. This could be the reason.

Thanks Wildwillow. Will try and report back.

The only single problem i had with Mountain lion was the sleep trick for my ATI 7970.

Now with Mavericks i have a fully working system. The only thing i need to do after install, is install the atheros 898 kext then it works fine. I don't even need to do this as i use an external edirol USB audio interface anyway. Amazingly, Mavericks was only out a day and edirol had the new 10.9 drivers ready for it instantly!

However, I dual boot Win7/10.9 using a 3 screen eyefinity setup and the right side screen doesn't display unless i put it to sleep and wake it back up. So Mavericks does still seem to have something funky going on with sleep and the ATI 7970.

Any ideas how to fix this?

** It will be worth mentioning that i installed bios version F15q and suffered freezing.. I flipped the switch over to my F14 bios and the freezing has gone! **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back