Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi WW

Just got back from offshore to discover the wife and kids got me the bluetooth keyboard and magic mouse! I have both of those working great, But I noticed I have the 10.9.1 update waiting and I saw you installed it and just re-installed the MultiBeast audio. My question is if my audio is from HDMI to my monitor will I have to redo all of the stuff from Toledas post to get that working again or just the MultiBeast as you have done? Can't remember if you were using HDMI or not lol.

Yes you will have to patch the AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.Kext and the AppleHDA.kext. If you are only using HDMI audio then you won't have to install any audio selections from MultiBeast. For future reference, once you have patched both the kext. Back them up in a folder. Then next update you can place them on the desktop and install them using KextBeast. That will save you having to patch them although it only takes a few minutes. Remember to repair permissions.

Hi wildwillow!

After reading many of the guides on this forum and especially this particular thread I was able to build my first hakintosh last weekend! First of all thanks for all the information that is already up on here.

I have everything up and running for a few days now but I'm scratching my head over 2 issues. I was wondering if I can run them by you to see if you have a solution?

1) When I connect external hard-drives to the USB ports, it would randomly and routinely disconnect themselves. I noticed the issue when I had 2 hard-drives connected to the 2 USB ports at the front of the computer. They both disconnected themselves simultaneously - error message "Disk not ejected propely" would show up, but the harddrives would instantaneously get plugged back in and recognised. The file transfer happening at the time would be interrupted.

The 2 USB ports at the front of the computer are USB 3.0 ports. I have installed the generic USB 3.0 driver in multibeast but that did not fix the problem. I also tried to plug the hard-drives into the USB 2.0 ports at the back of the computer and that also showed the same problem. So i don't really know what else to do to try to sort out this problem

2) Issue number 2 is sometimes I have problems with black screen booting up or waking up from sleep. The screen would go black. I can fix the issue by unplugging the DP cable out of the graphics card and plugging it into the motherboard internal graphics card (which shows a scrambled screen) and then plugging it back into the video card and that fixes the issue and log in screen would come back up. This doesn't happen all the time, just occasionally.

If you can be kind enough to give me some insight on these 2 issues that would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance!

Yes you will have to patch the AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.Kext and the AppleHDA.kext. If you are only using HDMI audio then you won't have to install any audio selections from MultiBeast. For future reference, once you have patched both the kext. Back them up in a folder. Then next update you can place them on the desktop and install them using KextBeast. That will save you having to patch them although it only takes a few minutes. Remember to repair permissions.

Awesome thanks for that info! Can I just backup the files in use now or does it need to be done before dropping them in the folder after they are patched?

Hi wildwillow!

After reading many of the guides on this forum and especially this particular thread I was able to build my first hakintosh last weekend! First of all thanks for all the information that is already up on here.

I have everything up and running for a few days now but I'm scratching my head over 2 issues. I was wondering if I can run them by you to see if you have a solution?

1) When I connect external hard-drives to the USB ports, it would randomly and routinely disconnect themselves. I noticed the issue when I had 2 hard-drives connected to the 2 USB ports at the front of the computer. They both disconnected themselves simultaneously - error message "Disk not ejected propely" would show up, but the harddrives would instantaneously get plugged back in and recognised. The file transfer happening at the time would be interrupted.

The 2 USB ports at the front of the computer are USB 3.0 ports. I have installed the generic USB 3.0 driver in multibeast but that did not fix the problem. I also tried to plug the hard-drives into the USB 2.0 ports at the back of the computer and that also showed the same problem. So i don't really know what else to do to try to sort out this problem

2) Issue number 2 is sometimes I have problems with black screen booting up or waking up from sleep. The screen would go black. I can fix the issue by unplugging the DP cable out of the graphics card and plugging it into the motherboard internal graphics card (which shows a scrambled screen) and then plugging it back into the video card and that fixes the issue and log in screen would come back up. This doesn't happen all the time, just occasionally.

If you can be kind enough to give me some insight on these 2 issues that would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance!

1. The first thing I would try would be checking to see if there is a BIOS Update from Gigabyte. It seems the latest BIOS is F7. This could also be a power issue to the ports in OS X. I would update the BIOS if that is possible for you to do so. Unfortunately the only USB 3.0 tests I have done are from the USB 3.0 (from the motherboard directly on the non Force)to Sata on the hot swap dock on my case. As mentioned in post#1 I use Network Assisted Storage.

2. I would check your Graphics priority in BIOS. If you are only using the 660. Make sure that Init Display First is set to PCI and disable the onboard internal graphics. Also in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist check that IGPEnabler=No is selected instead of Yes. This is of course if you are not using the internal from what you have mentioned.

Awesome thanks for that info! Can I just backup the files in use now or does it need to be done before dropping them in the folder after they are patched?

Yes if you are still on 10.9.0. Back up both those Kexts to a folder. After the update, copy them to the desktop and run KextBeast.

1. The first thing I would try would be checking to see if there is a BIOS Update from Gigabyte. It seems the latest BIOS is F7. This could also be a power issue to the ports in OS X. I would update the BIOS if that is possible for you to do so. Unfortunately the only USB 3.0 tests I have done are from the USB 3.0 (from the motherboard directly on the non Force)to Sata on the hot swap dock on my case. As mentioned in post#1 I use Network Assisted Storage.

2. I would check your Graphics priority in BIOS. If you are only using the 660. Make sure that Init Display First is set to PCI and disable the onboard internal graphics. Also in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist check that IGPEnabler=No is selected instead of Yes. This is of course if you are not using the internal from what you have mentioned.

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I have updated BIOS to F7 and made the changes to graphics setting like you suggested. Fingers crossed it works! Really appreciate the prompt response!

Yes if you are still on 10.9.0. Back up both those Kexts to a folder. After the update, copy them to the desktop and run KextBeast.

Kewl thanks for the help!

EDIT: Well this is weird... I returned home to find the 10.9.1 update installed automatically while I was away. I checked to see if I still had sound over HDMI and it is still working without using kextbeast to reinstall the two kext files. So I restarted again just to be sure and sound still works. Guess I got lucky LOL. :thumbup:

No I have wake from sleep working well. On this thread we were going through a similar problem back here. See post #404 This may be what you need to do depending on which port you are using. Sleep has been working great for me since the beginning of OS X Mavericks release. This is because our systems are different but I managed to to figure out in the link.

I would first say try adding this in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist and test it.

Code:
<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>04160000</string>

If you still have the issue use the link I provided and remove the IGPlatformID.

Hey WW,
Sorry man I did not post my results as I was testing with different cobo.
Observation 1:
a. I used below code but no effects
Code:
<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>04160000</string>
b. Not sure about earlier method ... means the steps I followed. What I did was I replaced AppleIntelFramebuuferAzul.Kext in S/L/E folder and repaired permissions. But it did not work either.
It could be that I might have to follow these steps
Code:
1. If you use it navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and back up your Original AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext. 
2. Place the edited AppleIntelFramebuuferAzul.Kext on the Desktop. Also Back this up. I have tagged this in Blue so that you don't mix them up. 
3. Download and run KextBeast this will install it for you.
4. Repair Permissions, restart and test wake from sleep. (found in See post #404.)
.. I will revert about the results.

By that time I installed 10.9.1 and am with it testing sleeps works I guess. I will revert one I do a long testing. Thing is did they update any for sleep in 10.9.1 ?
NicoX

Kewl thanks for the help!

EDIT: Well this is weird... I returned home to find the 10.9.1 update installed automatically while I was away. I checked to see if I still had sound over HDMI and it is still working without using kextbeast to reinstall the two kext files. So I restarted again just to be sure and sound still works. Guess I got lucky LOL. :thumbup:

You didn't get lucky :p The SSDT provided the HDMI audio through your discrete graphics card, this works with the native OS X AppleHDA.Kext. Edits are needed for HDMI audio through HD4600 which I am running along with my GT 640.

By that time I installed 10.9.1 and am with it testing sleeps works I guess. I will revert one I do a long testing. Thing is did they update any for sleep in 10.9.1 ?
NicoX

Glad you have it working. They might have changed something that has worked in your favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back