Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
had some strange freezes… leaving the computer just turned on, without doing anything, after a while it freezed...

what could be ?
i suspect it's the ethernet…
after removing prefs, kext and disabled the internal ethernet by bios i connected the usb-ethernet adapter i bought, and it's seen as "en0" device, like it was the built-in, but some apps i need dont like the absence of buil-in ethernet and i had to bring back.
it looks like they reply on it aside if it's device "en0" or "en1".
the usb to ethernet adapter (from Plugable.com) i bought definitely better than the internal card, with my 2 Euphonix ethernet controllers more responsive and less lag.
it's seen by native driver into mavericks, but i noted it also stacks sometimes and the data flow become not constant… could be the ethernet problem subtly affects system stability ??

i thinking to try a fresh install onto another HD just to see what happens…
what you would suggest i can check before ?

I'm not sure what your exact issue is with the ethernet. As I mentioned on one of your first posts it may be router related. Since MultiBeast has been upgraded with the downgraded version of hnaks Intel ethernet users haven't been experiencing issues. If you are using internet related tasks when it starts to deteriorate this could cause these Apps to freeze. I have had some freezes using my system heavily over long periods of time which I am currently investigating. Some posts that I have read mentioned success changing XMP for memory in the BIOS to default. Currently been a few days since I have experienced any issues.

what you did with the ram ? … moved back to 1333 ?
actually i have it set as xmp profile 1, at 1600, as you posted in you guide at post #1

No. Still the same as Post#1.

Hey, I'm thinking about getting a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC - ATX

but atm I have: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K 3.4 GHz (Haswell)
Graphic Card:
[TR="bgcolor: #F4F6F8"]
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 DC2 OC 2048MB

BOX: Corsair Carbide 200R
&
[TR="bgcolor: #F4F6F8"]
Corsair CX 750M 80+ Bronze
and I'm wondering will this build work for me? Will I be able to build a hackintosh that will run flawlessly?
Best regards!

Hi Asher,

The Z87X-OC is a great board and functions extremely well. Everything is working on this board. As you can see from what works in Post#1. You have a compatible CPU, Graphics Card already. Make sure the other hardware you choose is compatible, for example: Bluetooth adapters, wifi card, optical disc drives, Monitor and cables. This will eliminate any issues further down the line for you.

1. The first thing I would try would be checking to see if there is a BIOS Update from Gigabyte. It seems the latest BIOS is F7. This could also be a power issue to the ports in OS X. I would update the BIOS if that is possible for you to do so. Unfortunately the only USB 3.0 tests I have done are from the USB 3.0 (from the motherboard directly on the non Force)to Sata on the hot swap dock on my case. As mentioned in post#1 I use Network Assisted Storage.

2. I would check your Graphics priority in BIOS. If you are only using the 660. Make sure that Init Display First is set to PCI and disable the onboard internal graphics. Also in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist check that IGPEnabler=No is selected instead of Yes. This is of course if you are not using the internal from what you have mentioned.

Hi wildwillow

I made the changes you suggested, and after a few days, problem 2 (graphics issue) has not occured at all. Thank you!

As for problem 1, it did not happen also for a few days, and I have been transferring files from a single external hard-drive (with own power supply) without any dramas. However today I wanted to transfer some files between 2 external hard-drive both plugged into the usb ports at the front panel and the issue occurred again.

Is there any further suggestion you have for this problem? or should I just learn to live with it?

Thank you for your help once again!

Hi wildwillow

I made the changes you suggested, and after a few days, problem 2 (graphics issue) has not occured at all. Thank you!

As for problem 1, it did not happen also for a few days, and I have been transferring files from a single external hard-drive (with own power supply) without any dramas. However today I wanted to transfer some files between 2 external hard-drive both plugged into the usb ports at the front panel and the issue occurred again.

Is there any further suggestion you have for this problem? or should I just learn to live with it?

Thank you for your help once again!

Glad your graphics have stabilised and you're welcome.

Another suggestion would be to create your own DSDT for your motherboard.

Here is a guide in creating your DSDT How to create your own DSDT using MaciASL
Also there the necessary patches already made Credit to Pjalm here PJALM's DSDT Patches It has a USB fix included in the patches.

If you decide to create your own DSDT just take into account that you will have to change your audio via MultiBeast. Reason for this is you probably selected audio without DSDT. Having a DSDT will cause your audio to stop. For fixing this navigate to /Systems/Library/Extensions and remove HDAEnabler1.Kext and then re-apply the audio via MultiBeast selecting ALC8XX (your audio codec which I think is 892) with DSDT. If you manage to create your own DSDT and get it to compile cleanly with no errors, you can save as per the guide and place it your /Extra folder.

If for any reason you can not boot into your system after applying the DSDT. At the Chimera boot screen type in DSDT=Null and you will be able to get into your system and remove the DSDT. It is a much simpler procedure with these patches other than having to edit the DSDT yourself.

BIOS F7 is indicated as "beta"… so it should be released a definitive version soon.

is it safe to use beta bios ?

Not recommended to use a beta BIOS. Use at your own risk. I would suggest waiting for the official release. I won't be updating to the beta BIOS:thumbup:

Glad your graphics have stabilised and you're welcome.

Another suggestion would be to create your own DSDT for your motherboard.

Here is a guide in creating your DSDT How to create your own DSDT using MaciASL
Also there the necessary patches already made Credit to Pjalm here PJALM's DSDT Patches It has a USB fix included in the patches.

If you decide to create your own DSDT just take into account that you will have to change your audio via MultiBeast. Reason for this is you probably selected audio without DSDT. Having a DSDT will cause your audio to stop. For fixing this navigate to /Systems/Library/Extensions and remove HDAEnabler1.Kext and then re-apply the audio via MultiBeast selecting ALC8XX (your audio codec which I think is 892) with DSDT. If you manage to create your own DSDT and get it to compile cleanly with no errors, you can save as per the guide and place it your /Extra folder.

If for any reason you can not boot into your system after applying the DSDT. At the Chimera boot screen type in DSDT=Null and you will be able to get into your system and remove the DSDT. It is a much simpler procedure with these patches other than having to edit the DSDT yourself.

Thank you for your suggestion! I will do some reading around it and give it a go! Cheers!

update:
I installed the AC892 noDSDT ML10.8.4 (HDAEnabler892.kext and AppleHDA.kext)
Now the inbuilt audio works!

I installed the AC892 noDSDT ML10.8.4 (HDAEnabler892.kext and AppleHDA.kext)
Why would you post a reference to a stolen, outdated and unsupported kext?
Not helpful and not useful to any user on this site.

The Post #1 audio solution is current and supported. Delete the HDAEnabler892.kext and apply MultiBeast with the noted audio selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back