Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Wildwillow

I noted you are using the onboard and discreet graphics. When you use a program like Final Cut Pro, which GPU will it use to render? Or will OSX just use the best GPU?

Thanks

Thank you! I've installed everything, using a HDD atm will change to SSD later, but only problem right now is I get "Self-Assigned IP" ?

Hey WildWillow,

just wanted to stop over and give you a BIG THANK YOU for all your work and efforts. I used your guide as a starting point to help configure my system which is also a GA-Z87X-OC but I am using a DSDT that I made and patched. I also used your guide as a template for my own guide, which I gave you and a few others a "shout-out" to for recognition. Please have a look at my guide as well if you don't mind and leave any comments/feedback. I can't thank you, toleda, and the entire tonymacx86 community enough! :thumbup:

Hi Wildwillow

I noted you are using the onboard and discreet graphics. When you use a program like Final Cut Pro, which GPU will it use to render? Or will OSX just use the best GPU?

Thanks

Good question, taking a guess I would say it would use the better graphics for rendering. The GT640 is about on par with HD4000, well maybe slightly better. When it comes to rendering especially with FCP is essential to have plenty of ram and a beefy processor. I myself am an amateur at video editing and only use iMovie and it works well on my configuration.

Thank you! I've installed everything, using a HDD atm will change to SSD later, but only problem right now is I get "Self-Assigned IP" ?

Hi asher12,

Unsure of the remedy, telebox is or was having a similar issue with ethernet obtaining an IP address.

Hey WildWillow,

just wanted to stop over and give you a BIG THANK YOU for all your work and efforts. I used your guide as a starting point to help configure my system which is also a GA-Z87X-OC but I am using a DSDT that I made and patched. I also used your guide as a template for my own guide, which I gave you and a few others a "shout-out" to for recognition. Please have a look at my guide as well if you don't mind and leave any comments/feedback. I can't thank you, toleda, and the entire tonymacx86 community enough! :thumbup:

You're welcome. I will head over and take a peek. Thanks and congrats:clap:

I solved it, just had to reboot the router, but I can't seem to get the computer to use the graphic card? When I start FCP X and start editing the preview screen is black, and when I check the graphic card it says shared something 64 mb? :(

When I plugg my HDMI to my Graphic card it doesn't work, it just says "No Signal" and when it's plugged to the motherboard FCP X doesn't want to work... You have any clue on how to fix it? I have a [h=1]ASUS GeForce GTX 760 DC2 OC :)[/h]

When I plugg my HDMI to my Graphic card it doesn't work, it just says "No Signal" and when it's plugged to the motherboard FCP X doesn't want to work... You have any clue on how to fix it? I have a ASUS GeForce GTX 760 DC2 OC :)

Hi asher,

How have you configured your system. Here are some suggestions. If I were you using the 760 I would not bother with the intel onboard graphics. So find your /Extra folder and open the org.chamelon.Boot.plist with Text Edit, make sure that GraphicsEnabler is set to No and also IGPEnabler is set to No.

Restart your system and enter the BIOS. Set Init Display First to PCI and disable the intel internal graphics. Press F10 save and exit, let the system boot by itself and test.

Dear Wildwillow! Thanks a lot for this thread! I have almost the same configuration (GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4771K - GT 760). But network troubles me: when DSL modem (which provide me internet access) is turned off and I turn my hackintosh ON, embedded Ethernet card turns DHCP to some values, different from 192.168.xx. When then I turn ON the modem, hackintosh never got correct DHCP address automatically. For many times I turned DHCP off an on, manually install the correct address, those was copied from working state of computer, run "$ sudo ifconfig en0 down and $ sudo ifconfig en0 up" then try to deep inside DHCP again- every time I got failure.
What helps me to solve? Sometimes (not always!) reinstallation of HNAK drivers and restart restore internet access, one time reboot onto windows for several minutes and use internet "breaches" the channel. What other thing I can do to restore ethernet connection?
Thank You in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back