Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same problem after upgrading to 10.9.1. But it resolves by itself after rebooting ...

I had also kernel panic with AppleE1000.kext. So it may be coming from our Network Kext.
it seems that we will really need a compatible kext for our Network because this one is nice but needs to be enhanced.

someone from "the other forum" said me the author of the kext might be put her hands rewriting that driver in order to release a much reliable one.
but that's just a rumor… we'll see… for now i hope to solve the issue using a usb to ethernet adapter.

meantime i bought this one… from producer's site they say chipset used has native support in mavericks… let's hope it works!

[AMAZON-uk]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00484IEJS/[/AMAZON-uk]

If you use network storage and download much. That device only works in 10/100 and not gigabit 1000Mbps. Wondering if there are others. PCI ethernet devices. The UK TPLink wireless adapter will give you faster speeds but this obviously depends on your wireless routers capabilities. But I guess you are just looking at one that works hassle free.

Hi,

I was wondering about sleep. I have the GA-Z87X-OC Force MB which is working just fine except for sleep. I can put the MB to sleep but it won't wake after I do so. It seems to me that in a previous Hackintosh I built, there was a setting in the Bios that fixed that problem but I don't remember what it is. Would you know?

Also, I posted a separate thread on this but perhaps you might know. The Force MB is somewhat different than the standard GA-Z87X-OC board you are using so I'm not even sure if this applies to your MB. On my MB, there's a Power button in the upper right hand corner next to the memory modules. When I turn the computer on, the MB comes on but does not boot. To actually boot, I have to press this MB power button. That's not real convenient because to do that, I have to open the case. Do you know if there's a setting in Bios to fix that so that the case power button turns the computer on and boots the MB?

Thanks,

Bob

Hi,

I was wondering about sleep. I have the GA-Z87X-OC Force MB which is working just fine except for sleep. I can put the MB to sleep but it won't wake after I do so. It seems to me that in a previous Hackintosh I built, there was a setting in the Bios that fixed that problem but I don't remember what it is. Would you know?

When you mention that it doesn't wake from sleep. Do you mean the system wakes but the monitor does not. Could you provide more information for your build. Graphics..Ports in use etc.

, I posted a separate thread on this but perhaps you might know. The Force MB is somewhat different than the standard GA-Z87X-OC board you are using so I'm not even sure if this applies to your MB. On my MB, there's a Power button in the upper right hand corner next to the memory modules. When I turn the computer on, the MB comes on but does not boot. To actually boot, I have to press this MB power button. That's not real convenient because to do that, I have to open the case. Do you know if there's a setting in Bios to fix that so that the case power button turns the computer on and boots the MB?

Thanks,

Bob

The Non OC force board is similar. There is a button on the MB that can start the system. If you are experiencing correct booting pressing this button and not the one on the case. I would suggest you check your wiring/connections to the case/motherboard.

The computer never wakes. With the case door off, the LED readout will show A0 when the system is running properly. When I put the computer to sleep from the Apple menu, the display shuts off, the LED readout shuts off, but my fans in the case keep running.

I'm using the Gigabyte 770 video card with a Samsung 27" monitor hooked up to the DVD-D port. Everything else seems to run fine. The install was smooth as can be, boots right up. I simply loaded optimized defaults in bios and installed Mavericks, then ran Multibeast. Wifi works, bluetooth works, USB 3 works, USB 2 works, running Corsair DDR3 2400 memory with Profile 1. I just have this issue with sleep and turning the computer on.

I'll check the power cable again. I'm pretty sure it's hooked up correctly. The Cosmos II case has power, HDD LED, reset and speaker, that's all. Pretty simple.

Thanks,

Bob

Ok, just discovered something. I rechecked the power connections from the case to the F Panel and they were good. I pressed the power button on the case and same thing happened, power went on, fans went on, but board didn't boot and LED readout still blank. Then I pressed the power button again and held it down for a few seconds. That did the trick, board booted and in seconds I was back in OS X.

So that solves that problem on the power up method. Guess it's got something to do with the case itself. But sleep still not working at all. I even tried Please Sleep for Mavericks to no avail.

Thanks,

Bob

The computer never wakes. With the case door off, the LED readout will show A0 when the system is running properly. When I put the computer to sleep from the Apple menu, the display shuts off, the LED readout shuts off, but my fans in the case keep running.

I'm using the Gigabyte 770 video card with a Samsung 27" monitor hooked up to the DVD-D port. Everything else seems to run fine. The install was smooth as can be, boots right up. I simply loaded optimized defaults in bios and installed Mavericks, then ran Multibeast. Wifi works, bluetooth works, USB 3 works, USB 2 works, running Corsair DDR3 2400 memory with Profile 1. I just have this issue with sleep and turning the computer on.

I'll check the power cable again. I'm pretty sure it's hooked up correctly. The Cosmos II case has power, HDD LED, reset and speaker, that's all. Pretty simple.

Thanks,

Bob

Is there anything that shows up in Console messages that is preventing it from sleeping. Its hard to try and diagnose the issue as I don't currently have this problem or motherboard. I think what you mentioned and could not remember was disabling PLL overvoltage in the BIOS. Also to note try disabling WOL (wake on Lan).

PLL Voltage, I believe you're right. Let me check that.

There's all kinds of stuff in console but none of it makes any sense to me. I'm going to check that PLL voltage now.

Thanks,

Bob

PLL Voltage, I believe you're right. Let me check that.

There's all kinds of stuff in console but none of it makes any sense to me. I'm going to check that PLL voltage now.

Thanks,

Bob

Questions for you about your configuration. You are using only the 770 for your display? In your org.chameleon.Boot.plist have you got IGPEnabler set to Yes? If Yes set to No. Restart and enter your BIOS make sure that your Init Display First is set to PCI and disable the onboard graphics. Press F10 save and exit. Boot into your system. Test for sleep.

Questions for you about your configuration. You are using only the 770 for your display? In your org.chameleon.Boot.plist have you got IGPEnabler set to Yes? If Yes set to No. Restart and enter your BIOS make sure that your Init Display First is set to PCI and disable the onboard graphics. Press F10 save and exit. Boot into your system. Test for sleep.

As a matter of fact, IGPEnabler is set to Yes. I'm not using internal graphics and Bios does have PCI set in the Init Display First but onboard graphics is not disabled. Let me try that.

Thanks,

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back