Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting audio on my GA-Z87X-OC but only on the "line out" jack. This is after installing the codec using multibeast.

how to remove the ethernet kext and reinstall it ?
i have to manually trash the IONetworkingFamily.kext, or just the injected plugin AppleIntelE1000e.kext ?

i need to use an app like kext beast or kext wizard to remove it ?
i'm not expert sorry, can you guide me with some stepped details ?
i would avoid to reinstall all !!

Navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIn

Delete the AppleintelE1000e.kext. Repair permissions. Restart. Run MultiBeast install the kext again using MultiBeast 6.0.1 Repair permissions and restart.

Many thanks, but there's no way to use both of the HDMI ports of the onboard?

Does it push audio thru the DP output as well?

Thanks again.

There may be a way to use 2x HDMI from the onboard but I haven't had much luck with it. There a few IGPlatform ID's that you could try here http://www.tonymacx86.com/378-new-intel-hd-graphics-boot-flags-chimera.html

Alternatively you can get a DP to HDMI adapter that works well with the native IGPlatform ID in MultiBeast. Yes HDMI audio works through the DP with the SSDT used from toleda's thread here Haswell HDMI Audio

Does the DP push audio when converted to hdmi using toleda's azul hdmi series 8 audio editing kit and if it does does it push digital audio (dd & dts) on both hdmi and DP at the same time?

Yes it works through the DP but I am using the SSDT approach and not the DSDT. No clue for DD and DTS. I think there are programs like Plex that support it but you would probably get better assistance/information in the audio forum.

hey Wildwillow, i followed your reply and reinstalled the network driver from multibeast 6.0.1 …
after starting up the computer cant get connected with my netgear router, it still gets 169.254.x.x from DHCP.

unplugging and plug again the cable makes communicate them and take the correct iP 192.168.0.x
after doing so internet works…
from a quick test nothing seems changed, but today i'll check if at least the data flow is constant and internet navigation is responsive and fast as it should.
i retried using my euphonix ethernet controllers and i got same latency as before.
will check them again today, connecting directly on my macbook pro ethernet port to see if there all works as normal. maybe could be a problem with just released mavericks driver (eucontrol 3.1).

just to know… what BIOS version you have ?
mine is F3 but there's a F6 update.

for now thanks a lot for your help.
update will follow… :arrow:

You're welcome. Wondering if there is a firmware update available for your router. Seems as this may be the issue. I'm on the F6 BIOS.

Wild Willow,

I'm having sleep issues with the same motherboard as your build, the i5-4770K processor and HD4600 graphics.

If I tell it to sleep, then tap the keyboard or mouse, the display does not wake when the motherboard wakes.

Actually, even when it's not sleeping if I unplug the displayport cable and plug it back in again the display goes dark and stays dark.

The only difference in install procedure from what you have outlined is:

* I installed OSX using the default BIOS settings, then loaded optimized defaults after the install
* I adjusted to memory profile1 *after* the OSX install
* I set the primary display to internal *after* the OSX install
* I did not add the 1080p resolution option in Multibeast
* I have no discrete graphics card
* I am using DisplayPort instead of HDMI

Would any of these make a difference? Any help would be appreciated. I've been up against this sleep issue for two days now..

Here is my complete system:
* Gigabyte Z87X-OC
* i5-4670K Haswell CPU
* Intel 4600 onboard graphics
* RocketFish DisplayPort to DVI Cable
* Dell 2001FP Monitor
* Intel SSDSA2CW080G3 2.5" SSD
* ASUS DRW-24B1ST-38 Optical Drive
* Corsair RM750 PSU
* OSX Mavericks
* 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
* wdn4800 pcie wifi card (in slot PCIEX4_2, because slot PCIEX1_1 didn't work)

if i update BIOS to F6 i lost the actual setting?

Yes will have to set the BIOS to where you have it now. If you decide to update, Take note of your settings and then apply them after the update.

Wild Willow,

I'm having sleep issues with the same motherboard as your build, the i5-4770K processor and HD4600 graphics.

If I tell it to sleep, then tap the keyboard or mouse, the display does not wake when the motherboard wakes.

Actually, even when it's not sleeping if I unplug the displayport cable and plug it back in again the display goes dark and stays dark.

Hi jackdesert,

I did some testing for you only using the Display Port from the onboard Intel graphics. You are correct it doesn't wake the screen after sleep. But I have solved it for you.

Credit goes to toleda for the AppleIntelFrambufferAzul.kext edits from here Haswell HDMI Audio

If you do not require HDMI audio this is only part of the edits. I added HDMI audio for the purpose of this build thread via the SSDT approach but I use Creative 2.1. For your sleep issue this is not needed.

This is what I have done. I have edited the (10.9.2)AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext v8.18.26 only with the patch command from his thread. Repaired permissions restarted and then the DP works from sleep. If you would like to have a go at the edits this is up to you. If you don't I have uploaded the edited AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext for you to test.

1. If you use it navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and back up your Original AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext.
2. Place the edited AppleIntelFramebuuferAzul.Kext on the Desktop. Also Back this up. I have tagged this in Blue so that you don't mix them up.
3. Download and run KextBeast this will install it for you.
4. Repair Permissions, restart and test wake from sleep.

Edit, replaced AppleIntelFrambufferAzul.kext for 10.9.5.

Attachments

• AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext.zip
    225.6 KB · Views: 177
Hi jackdesert,

I did some testing for you only using the Display Port from the onboard Intel graphics. You are correct it doesn't wake the screen after sleep. But I have solved it for you.

Credit goes to toleda for the AppleIntelFrambufferAzul.kext edits from here Haswell HDMI Audio

If you do not require HDMI audio this is only part of the edits. I added HDMI audio for the purpose of this build thread via the SSDT approach but I use Creative 2.1. For your sleep issue this is not needed.

This is what I have done. I have edited the (10.9)AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext v8.18.74 only with the patch command from his thread. Repaired permissions restarted and then the DP works from sleep. If you would like to have a go at the edits this is up to you. If you don't I have uploaded the edited AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext for you to test.

1. If you use it navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and back up your Original AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext.
2. Place the edited AppleIntelFramebuuferAzul.Kext on the Desktop. Also Back this up. I have tagged this in Blue so that you don't mix them up.
3. Download and run KextBeast this will install it for you.
4. Repair Permissions, restart and test wake from sleep.

I don't understand exactly what the AppleIntelFramebuggerAzul.kext is or does, but following your instructions gave me a 9-times-out-of-10 sleep/wake machine! (The outlier was that once it actually did a full boot instead of wake from sleep--not sure why).

You made my week!

I don't understand exactly what the AppleIntelFramebuggerAzul.kext is or does, but following your instructions gave me a 9-times-out-of-10 sleep/wake machine! (The outlier was that once it actually did a full boot instead of wake from sleep--not sure why).

You made my week!

You're welcome. Maybe for the 10% of your testing you pressed restart instead of sleep. Glad it worked for you. Just remember when you update OS X if you haven't already as 10.9.1 is out, you will have to add the edited kext each time, this is also true for audio. But thats simple to do. Generally as a method of mine. I hold two folders. One of OS X native and one for edited. Then once the system is updated I deploy the edited kext and all is good.
Updating to 10.9.1 didn't cause me any problems.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back