Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you got it working, you may also find that if you used the bottom HDMI port that HDMI audio wasn't available to you. Using the top HDMI port you would have seen HDMI options in sound Preferences.

Are you going to be using two monitors with your configuration or just the one through your graphics card.

Hmmm... I tried both but nothing. Funny thing though, I installed my 770 and plugged into it's HDMI port and it worked LOL. Not sure what happened with the ports on the board but all is good now... I just have a DP to HDMI adapter just incase I need it in the future. :lol:

For now just the one... I already disabled the onboard in the BIOS.

Hmmm... I tried both but nothing. Funny thing though, I installed my 770 and plugged into it's HDMI port and it worked LOL. Not sure what happened with the ports on the board but all is good now... I just have a DP to HDMI adapter just incase I need it in the future. :lol:

For now just the one... I already disabled the onboard in the BIOS.

So you are all good for now then. If you want to enable them both you can. It is just a matter of the BIOS configurations, setting the Init First Display to IGFX, yet you won't get the the Chimera boot screen only using the 770. But as you are only using one monitor you have figured it out.

So you are all good for now then. If you want to enable them both you can. It is just a matter of the BIOS configurations, setting the Init First Display to IGFX, yet you won't get the the Chimera boor screen only using the 770. But as you are only using one monitor you have figured it out.

Yep... Everything working just fine now! Thank you again for the great guide and your help!

Any ideas what could cause the sleep issues with the mouse (mouse stoups working after waking) though? Considering we have the exact same hardware, I am not sure what might be the issue. The keyboard works fine, though it's a PS2 board... As I said, not a big deal for me, since I can live with turning the sleep off, but if we can solve it, why not...

So I noticed on my Bios Settings that I have the Vt-d option enabled and grayed out so I can't change the setting. what does that mean? I know from the guide that that setting must be disabled.
Since you have a "K" processor, the BIOS disables it automatically.

I found out the problem. I had followed your Bios configuration settings and I changed the initial graphics display to IGFX which was causing a blank screen. all I had to do was load optional settings and it worked. Everything went perfectly. Everything is working and I installed my second 780 card and the rest of my ram.

Try this post, this will explain how to get your system booting correctly with the 7xxx cards.
Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

Thanks man! Finally another lead! I was going nuts over this weekend trying to figure out where the problem might be. I will give it a shot in the next days and will keep you guys posted!

Another thing: Does someone have a clue if its in any way possible to enable zerocore power for amd gpus on a mac? Which amd driver versions are used e.g. in Mavericks? Any chance of implementing (by myself) a (newer) driver version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back