Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Hi ..,
Under the right follow action from your "Golden Build article" and "above supplement" explanation. I final reached the point that fully utilize the i7-4770K/HD4600.

I am pleased that you found this guide helpful to enable internal HD4600 graphics. Credit goes to the Developers that made it possible here on Tonymacx86.com I am also very thankful.

Again - Thanks a lot since I really now enjoy the Hacintosh world after encouraging with your articles.

Best Regards.

You're Welcome, Enjoy:thumbup:

Good afternoon,

Here is -v output when booting from the SSD without the -x...

Good Afternoon,

Have you got your SSD plugged into the Sata0 port on the motherboard?

Here is the hardware config:
SATA Port0: MAC OS / boot SSD
SATA Port1: Win7 SSD
SATA Port2: 2TB HDD (NTFS)
SATA Port3: CD/DVD

Graphics: PCIe Slot-1 GTX670

--Barry

Here is the hardware config:
SATA Port0: MAC OS / boot SSD
SATA Port1: Win7 SSD
SATA Port2: 2TB HDD (NTFS)
SATA Port3: CD/DVD

Graphics: PCIe Slot-1 GTX670

--Barry
At the Chimera boot screen. Highlight your Mountain Lion SSD and then type

Code:
ncpi=0x2000
then press enter.

This yielded the same result... hangs at the place

blong123,

Could you tell me you entire build description. including, Motherboard make and model, CPU, Ram, Graphics, Graphics output cable and monitor. You should also fill out your profile/signature and build description under settings to enable others including me to help you. Rules As I feel like I shooting in the dark. Thanks:thumbup:

blong123,

Could you tell me you entire build description. including, Motherboard make and model, CPU, Ram, Graphics, Graphics output cable and monitor. You should also fill out your profile/signature and build description under settings to enable others including me to help you. Rules As I feel like I shooting in the dark. Thanks:thumbup:

I'll tried to put everything together for ya..... used your multibest settings and I'm using the same MB, memory, SSD from your build.
Added ASUS PA248 monitor via display port, Gigabyte GTX670, 2TB HDD, and 2nd SSD
I have removed the 2nd SSD and HDD with the same result.

Thanks,
Barry

I'll tried to put everything together for ya..... used your multibest settings and I'm using the same MB, memory, SSD from your build.
Added ASUS PA248 monitor via display port, Gigabyte GTX670, 2TB HDD, and 2nd SSD
I have removed the 2nd SSD and HDD with the same result.

Thanks,
Barry

If that is what you have then we must be down to a BIOS settings. As these settings have worked for me over, multiple times. Could you go into BIOS and reset them to Optimised Defaults. Then under Peripherals go to initial first display PCI and Disable internal graphics (as you are using a discrete card) then press F10 save and exit.

What CPU have you got installed? Model?

If that is what you have then we must be down to a BIOS settings. As these settings have worked for me over, multiple times. Could you go into BIOS and reset them to Optimised Defaults. Then under Peripherals go to initial first display PCI and Disable internal graphics (as you are using a discrete card) then press F10 save and exit.

What CPU have you got installed? Model?

TaDa............ disabling internal graphics was indeed the issue.

Thank you for sharing your insight and infinite wisdom!

• :clap:

Cheers,
    Barry

TaDa............ disabling internal graphics was indeed the issue.

Thank you for sharing your insight and infinite wisdom!

• :clap:

Cheers,
    Barry

You're welcome. Happy to help and pleased for you. In return I ask one favour and thats to fill out your profile and signature incase you need help or beneficially for others to see that you have hardware that they can ask for help from you. Congrats blong123 enjoy:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back