Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

You're welcome. Happy to help and pleased for you. In return I ask one favour and thats to fill out your profile and signature incase you need help or beneficially for others to see that you have hardware that they can ask for help from you. Congrats blong123 enjoy:clap:

Absolutely.... this weekend for sure!
Now onto fixing the 892 audio...

Hi lyeow,

< Hi WildWillow, if i set GraphicsEnabler=No in Multibeast, my EVGA GTX580 will not boot up.Am i missing something ?
>

Could you please provide a little more information. Yours steps for the install. What you have selected in MultiBeast. After very importantly what BIOS settings you have. And last but not least all your hardware, including TV/Monitor+cable. Thanks.

Haha, I found the problem, i am supposed to insert my GTX580 onto PCIe x16 slot 2 instead of Slot 1 recommended by Gigabyte Manual. Now my Onboard Graphics and Discrete Card work the same time.
I am such a Noob, lots more to learn.

One more thing, only my Imessage says Cannot sign in but Facetime, Icloud can sign in. Do you have any idea what is causing it.

Thank You , Moderator, WildWillow

Haha, I found the problem, i am supposed to insert my GTX580 onto PCIe x16 slot 2 instead of Slot 1 recommended by Gigabyte Manual. Now my Onboard Graphics and Discrete Card work the same time.
I am such a Noob, lots more to learn.

One more things, Can i have my 10.8.5 booted onto GTX580 first and i can also use the IFGX HD 4600 when booted up ? Meaning can I set GraphicsEnabler=Yes and IGPEnabler=Yes

Thank You , Moderator, WildWillow

You should be able to put your graphics card in the x16 position and it will be recognised in both Window's and OS X. Boot flags don't come into the equation in Window's. But in MultiBeast you need to select GraphicsEnabler=No as it fully supported in OS X. Once this is done you should be able to achieve full functionality in both Operating Systems. For integrated HD4600 you have to add IGPEnabler=Yes in OS X with and integrated graphics whilst using a discrete card.

The difference in windows is that you have to manually download the drivers for your discrete card, unlike OS X that is built around the hardware.

You should be able to put your graphics card in the x16 position and it will be recognised in both Window's and OS X. Boot flags don't come into the equation in Window's. But in MultiBeast you need to select GraphicsEnabler=No as it it fully supported in OS X. Once this is done you should be able to achieve full functionality in both Operating Systems. For integrated HD4600 you have to add IGPEnabler=Yes in OS X with and integrated graphics whilst using a discrete card.

The difference in windows is that you have to manually download the drivers for your discrete card, unlike OS X that is built around the hardware.

Thanks for your reply. The other thing is my imessage cannot sign in but the rest like FaceTime, icloud can do so. Do u know what is causing this issue. I only have one Lan Ethernet working.

Thanks for your reply. The other thing is my imessage cannot sign in but the rest like FaceTime, icloud can do so. Do u know what is causing this issue. I only have one Lan Ethernet working.

For your imessage fix trySimple Fix for iMessage - Change Password. This is what I have found the be the best remedy. This will have to be acknowledged on all your OS/iOS devices once changed but it works. Also if you decide to change your System Definition you will most probably have to do it again.

For your imessage fix trySimple Fix for iMessage - Change Password. This is what I have found the be the best remedy. This will have to be acknowledged on all your OS/iOS devices once changed but it works. Also if you decide to change your System Definition you will most probably have to do it again.

Thanks for your reply.
That didn't work for me, it still say can't enable imessage. I am currently using definition 3.1, which definition can i safely use. i noticed if i key in the wrong one, i get KP and can never boot into anything like -x and i have to do a clean install again.

You have almost the same board as me.

Thanks for your reply.
That didn't work for me, it still say can't enable imessage. I am currently using definition 3.1, which definition can i safely use. i noticed if i key in the wrong one, i get KP and can never boot into anything like -x and i have to do a clean install again.

You have almost the same board as me.

You need to put the NVram kext in the extra folder. Its a download to get imessage working, not associated with tonymacx86.com but from what I used.
http://public.xzenue.com/downloads/

You need to put the NVram kext in the extra folder. Its a download to get imessage working, not associated with tonymacx86.com but from what I used.
http://public.xzenue.com/downloads/

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me exactly whether i put the nvram.dylib or the whole module (FileNVRAM folder) into Extra folder or into /Extra/Module.

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me exactly whether i put the nvram.dylib or the whole module (FileNVRAM folder) into Extra folder or into /Extra/Module.

You just want to put the FileNVRAM.dylib in the /Extra/modules folder:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back