Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have luck getting El Cap and Windows working on the same drive?

It feels like I've tried every permutation of installing one first and then the other. If I go with Mac first, then Windows refuses to install on the other partition. If I go with Windows first, then El Cap overwrites part of the Windows partition and I can't access it.

Has anyone figured this out?

Anyone have luck getting El Cap and Windows working on the same partition?

It feels like I've tried every permutation of installing one first and then the other. If I go with Mac first, then Windows refuses to install on the other partition. If I go with Windows first, then El Cap overwrites part of the Windows partition and I can't access it.

Has anyone figured this out?

"on the same partition?" ???????
maybe because, nobody has so much time to lose

Had a horrible time upgrading...Was about to revert back to my ccc backup but said F-it and powered through. I eventually got it to work by manually copying the EFI partition from my USB drive to the EFI partition on the Hackintosh boot SSD.

Anyone have a working fix for USB3 on our mobo's? I've read plenty of threads but everything seems like a shot in the dark and no sure-thing.

It is nice to have messages working again though :)

Thanks!

I've upgraded my installation to EL Capitan an the majority seems to work fine. I've a clover installation running windows 7 on a separate drive which is working fine.
The rear USB3 ports are still causing problems while the front USB3 port is working ...need to figure out what the problem is
regards

I'll have to try my front ports. My HD dock is plugged into the rear USB3 and isn't working. I just figured it was a USB3 issue affecting all ports.

I finally managed to get windows 10 loaded on a second disk.

steps were as follows. created a USB install of windows 10 parameters of USB was MBR partition for UEFI, this was created from a windows PC (or vmware) using a program called rufus.

I then disabled all sata ports except my install drive. (also unplugged all USB drives)
and changed setting in bios UEFI only for boot devices.

set boot priority to USB stick with windows, windows install started... and continued.

once windows installed, i went to bios enabled all my data ports and made my OSX partition with clover first in the boot order. windows was second....

clover came up and I was able to choose OS X or windows.

Let me know if this works for you.

Nick

Hi, I have the same motherboard GA-Z87-oc yesterday I installed the operating system (Captain) and audio I managed to UNOFFICIAL_audio_realtekALC-100_v1.0.5.command is perfect.
The video card recognizes me to click on InjectIntel.
What I'm not sure if it goes well are my USB ports, sees me as if they were USB3 but over a file to my external drive I do not think going at a good speed. There is a program which will detect how fast?

Cool... stevegut78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back