Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have OS 10.9 and Windows 8. I wanna try the Yosemite, can I just create a new partition and add a new OS to it and so I have 2 OS and 1 Win. Will it work?

Yes you can create a new partition and test drive Yosemite. Disconnect the Windows drive until you've installed and ran MultiBeast. If you are happy with Yosemite you can use Migration Assistant and move your current user over to the new drive/partition.

I wanted to know if I could get some more information on a few things in regards to MultiBeast selections.

Hardware:
GA-Z87X-OC
i5-4670K
GTX 670
16GB(2 x 8GB) G.Skill Trident X 2400
1 x 240GB Seagate SSD (will not have Mac OS installed on it; for now)
1 x 2TB Seagate HDD
1 x 1TB WesternDigital HDD
LG blu-ray burner (WH14NS40)
Logitech K310 keyboard
Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000
Dell U2311H

Now based on my hardware and the most current version of MultiBeast being 7.3, what should I select to get audio working? Do I need FakeSMC, Generate CPU States, and Use KernelCache? I'm not really sure what Use KernelCache will do for me. Also, considering my mouse has two side thumb buttons, is there anyway to get these working by modifying some files? I don't want to download some application to do this.

Welcome to the forums.

Based on your hardware audio doesn't change. Audio codec on your motherboard is ALC892. This enables audio from the motherboard only. There are other methods to enable audio depending on your audio output choice such as HDMI through your discrete graphics card. See Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

For MultiBeast installation see How To Know What To Install With MultiBeast specifically 4. When you highlight DSDT Free and read the information on the right hand side of the App you will see what it installs. Also take a read of the PDF documentation included with the MultiBeast download.

For your mouse look under System Preferences > Mouse and see what OS X auto detects with the mouse connected, if there are options showing you maybe able to change the configuration of the buttons.

Hi Wildwillow

1st of all, thanks for all your support on here! I haven't commented on anything yet as I've been following your builds and have made a very similar hack. My build also includes the GA-Z87X-OC, i7-4770K with a GTX 670.

With the most recent update to 10.10.3 I haven't been able to consistently get the audio working. I've always used ALC892 in MultiBeast with good results, but every time my machine wakes from sleep the audio stops working so I restart the machine and it's (90%) ok again. Both in headphones and audio out (the green one out the back).

I do a lot of video editing and rendering and therefore i leave my machine to render while i go and make a cup of tea or go out or whatever. When I come back to it I have to restart to et the audio working. It's annoying! :crazy::banghead:

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Hi inksharkman,

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't noticed any loss of audio when the system has been running for long periods of time using MultiBeast Audio. I too use the green output jack on motherboard connected to a Creative 2.1 system. Are you using the latest MultiBeast - Yosemite 7.3.0 AppleHDA.kext > ALC892?

Suggestion. What system definition are you using? This can play huge part with audio. Try iMac 14,2 if you haven't already.

I can confirm some oddities on 10.10.3 getting HD4600 HDMI audio working with the native AppleHDA.kext using an SSDT for HDMI audio. Previously it worked with the SSDT, patching the AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.kext, and DropSSDT=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist but now it needs an added patch for the native AppleHDA.kext.

hi Willow,
i noticed yo have chosen mac profile as Imac 14,2 in your multibeast
if i chose mac profile as "mac pro 6.1" in multibest will it still work? I have installed yosemite

I followed your Yosemite clean installation guide, somehow after installing multibeast my "About This Mac" instead of the one I have chosen iMac 14,2 , mine got changed somehow to iMac 21.5 inch late 2013 model after I restart after the multi beast installation.
Somehow i experience some freezing and I need to hard reset. When I shutdown the computer I will not turn off. Instead I get white screen and my computer fan is still running. My maverick installation was flawless no issue. But I am having problem with my yosemite.

hi Willow,
i noticed yo have chosen mac profile as Imac 14,2 in your multibeast
if i chose mac profile as "mac pro 6.1" in multibest will it still work? I have installed yosemite

Hi baspak,

Mac Pro 6,1 system definition doesn't suit yours or my hardware, thats why I used iMac 14,2.

I followed your Yosemite clean installation guide, somehow after installing multibeast my "About This Mac" instead of the one I have chosen iMac 14,2 , mine got changed somehow to iMac 21.5 inch late 2013 model after I restart after the multi beast installation.
Somehow i experience some freezing and I need to hard reset. When I shutdown the computer I will not turn off. Instead I get white screen and my computer fan is still running. My maverick installation was flawless no issue. But I am having problem with my yosemite.

If you have a 21.5 inch iMac system definition then you selected iMac 14,1 in MultiBeast. You can change this by selecting iMac 14,2, build then install.

Are you using both the Intel HD4600 and Nvidia graphics together connected from each graphics port to 2 monitors? Thats I have my system configured. Wondering if the issues of shutdown is down to having both graphics enabled yet only using the 770?

hi willow,
my system def. was automaticly changed from imac 14.2 to imac 21.5 inch. The 21.5inch was not an option to choose from in multibeast installation.

i tried to run multibeast again to install system imac 14.2 but i am getting freeze screen all the time.

i am using only 1 monitor on both my yosemite and meaverick build. Somehow the system only have my gtx 770 2048mb card on my yosemite. My meaverick has 2 vga shown intel 4600 and gtx 770 when i look at "about my mac". I did not see the intel shown in about my mac page.

i kinna leaning on the vga card as the problem sometime i got scamble picture when viewing youtube or when i left my computer and return from sleep. The screen saver is look like a scramble thing.

Hi baspak,

Mac Pro 6,1 system definition doesn't suit yours or my hardware, thats why I used iMac 14,2.

If you have a 21.5 inch iMac system definition then you selected iMac 14,1 in MultiBeast. You can change this by selecting iMac 14,2, build then install.

Are you using both the Intel HD4600 and Nvidia graphics together connected from each graphics port to 2 monitors? Thats I have my system configured. Wondering if the issues of shutdown is down to having both graphics enabled yet only using the 770?

hi willow,
my system def. was automaticly changed from imac 14.2 to imac 21.5 inch. The 21.5inch was not an option to choose from in multibeast installation.

i tried to run multibeast again to install system imac 14.2 but i am getting freeze screen all the time.

i am using only 1 monitor on both my yosemite and meaverick build. Somehow the system only have my gtx 770 2048mb card on my yosemite. My meaverick has 2 vga shown intel 4600 and gtx 770 when i look at "about my mac". I did not see the intel shown in about my mac page.

i kinna leaning on the vga card as the problem sometime i got scamble picture when viewing youtube or when i left my computer and return from sleep. The screen saver is look like a scramble thing.

baspak,

Lets configure your system differently that will work with your hardware.
As you are using a single monitor we need to disable the onboard Intel graphics.
Either edit your org.chamelelon.Boot.plist manually or use MultiBeast. Set IGPEnabler to No MultiBeast > Customize > IGPEnabler=No.
Reset system definition in MultiBeast to iMac 14,2.
The reason you are seeing a scrambled youtube screen is because the display is using the 770 for the picture possibly going through the HD4600. A mis-match.

Restart your system and enter the BIOS by pressing Del. Go to Peripherals set Init Display First to PCI/E for your 770. Just below this set Intel Graphics to Disabled. Press F10 save and exit. Boot into OS X and test youtube/restart/shutdown and report back.

Thanks Willow, it stop the freezing.
I had just reliased that my iMessage does not work. Error occurs during activation.
I did the clean yosemite installation.
Is there anyway to fix this.

Thanks Willow, it stop the freezing.
I had just reliased that my iMessage does not work. Error occurs during activation.
I did the clean yosemite installation.
Is there anyway to fix this.

Glad you have a working system, as for iMessage I suggest that you take a look at jaymonkey's excellent guide here Fix iMessage It has all the information you need to activate iMessage/FaceTime on your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back