Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please post for 10.9.5?

Its all done:thumbup:

I need a display port output. What would you recommend that would work with this system?

Great detail on the build. Thanks!

The display port works from the motherboard using the Intel HD4600 graphics on the processor. If you take a look at the Buyer's Guide and think about what you will use your system for and which parts you will find necessary to complete the build for your usage.

Can you tell me what your switches and dip settings were? Many thanks

Wildwillow thanks so much for putting together this great guide and hardware combination!

I just successfully installed 10.9.5 on a very similar hardware combination without any real issue. The only change I have is I am using the 4790k and am running BIOS 9c to support it. My initial impression is its very stable other than some iTunes DRM crashes.

However, I have run into one hardware issue. When ever I connect my iPhone I get a message indicating that it cannot charge due to low power. I then decided to create a DSDT to try and solve this but I don't believe that PJALM's edits have been updated for BIOS 9c as I get a number of build errors in MaciASL. Given that editing a DSDT for this BIOS might be a little premature I was wondering how you able to overcome this power issue without a DSDT?

TIA

Can you tell me what your switches and dip settings were? Many thanks

I always install using safe mode -x. And patiently wait to reach the installer. If it doesn't reach the installer then I use safe mode and verbose -x -v. This gives me the ability to see if something is making the installation stall.

A good place for you to start would be The Basics. It has a lot of information, looking over the posts there will give you some tips and trouble shooting advice in advance. It is possible to get your entire installation process planned before you begin. Obviously then following the installation guides at the top of the forum pages.

Wildwillow thanks so much for putting together this great guide and hardware combination!

I just successfully installed 10.9.5 on a very similar hardware combination without any real issue. The only change I have is I am using the 4790k and am running BIOS 9c to support it. My initial impression is its very stable other than some iTunes DRM crashes.

However, I have run into one hardware issue. When ever I connect my iPhone I get a message indicating that it cannot charge due to low power. I then decided to create a DSDT to try and solve this but I don't believe that PJALM's edits have been updated for BIOS 9c as I get a number of build errors in MaciASL. Given that editing a DSDT for this BIOS might be a little premature I was wondering how you able to overcome this power issue without a DSDT?

TIA

Hi miniTO,

I would like to give you the information you require but seriously I haven't done anything to enable my iPhone to charge. It just works when connected. Whether the system is running or shutdown, it still allows me to charge my devices. Are you connecting the iPhone to the USB 3.0 ports? I use the USB on the front of my case.

Thanks for the reply :) mega master

I have the latest bios F9C

and nothing, the screen goes gray apple with spinning wheel

this is my setup, until I put the processor was perfect
Intel Core CPU _ i7-4790K
Gigabyte Z87X-BASE OC
Titan GPU SLI _
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series R.Liquida H100i
2666 Kingston RAM HiperX PREDATOR
Corsair Carbide Series Case High Airflow Air 540
Source Corsair AX860 80 Plus Platinum 860W
HDD 1 Samsung 840 Series SSD 256GB SATA3 Pro
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD 2 2TB SATA3 64MB
RED T TP-Link TL-WDN4800 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express

was put 4790k and decide all

incompatibility processor and motherbord with hackintosh?

I'm very frustrated, is my working tool and 4770k already sold it

thanks for the help friend
elpixa, I just finished a build for my friend with the 4790k and we got the same issue. Here is the fix: disable turbo boost. This will allow you to boot up. After disabling turbo boost, follow toleda's guide to native power management, then re-enable turbo boost.

Hope this helps!

Hi miniTO,

I would like to give you the information you require but seriously I haven't done anything to enable my iPhone to charge. It just works when connected. Whether the system is running or shutdown, it still allows me to charge my devices. Are you connecting the iPhone to the USB 3.0 ports? I use the USB on the front of my case.

After an unintentional re-build following my same install procedure everything is working fine... why? I don't know either.. Thanks!

elpixa, I just finished a build for my friend with the 4790k and we got the same issue. Here is the fix: disable turbo boost. This will allow you to boot up. After disabling turbo boost, follow toleda's guide to native power management, then re-enable turbo boost.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much !! I searched what you say about toleda's guide, but can not find

Could you please tell me the link?

1000 thanks

Greetings friend

Hope this helps!

Add me to the list of people that this thread and this post helped build a perfectly running Hack.

running

Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz Haswell Processor and currently 16 but soon 32 Gigs RAM and hopefully soon a nice graphics card too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back