Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideas. Firstly ensure that you're running the latest BIOS or at least F7. Other than the things you have tried I don't have any further suggestion for this issue, I can tell you that my system isn't freezing. I am using the onboard HD4600+GT640, I've enabled HDMI Audio for both graphics displays although I use Line out on the rear for 2.1. I have patched the AppleIntelFameBufferAzul.Kext. I'm using 2 SSDT's, one for HDMI Audio and one for power management. Everything on the list from Post#1 is the same.

Hi,

Yes I am on F7 already.

Seems this build is not going to work. Its an absolute Disaster. I am starting the slowly realise why it pays to buy a legit mac. I have spent hours rooting at this thing.

I had a lovely Ivy Bridge build but I followed the Instructions directly from the Buyers guide for that one. I would not recommend deviating from that list, as this seems to have backfired following this supposed golden build guide.

Damn it anyway. Now I have to sell this lot off.

Have you reinstalled a system? I have sometimes blamed my hackintosh hardware for stuff that turned out to be software related (curse you Adobe!). It just seems like it should work, which I guess is the most frustrating part.

Will it run and install and do things like run Disk Utilities from the thumb drive?

Are the USB drives you attached OK? one of my problems related to drives. Not sure about how this hardware works vs a standard Mac, but I had a wonky drive attached and the system behaved very erratically until I replaced it. I think the problem was that the drive had some "feature" that made it spin down, or there was some latency in the controller in the case, but it seems that some things in the system would try to access it and crash everything. Seems to happen mostly after long idle periods, if that helps.

Dumped the case and now use a Plugable caddy with USB 3, which has worked fine, and I can turn off and stash for extra data protection.

Rob

Thanks for the reply :) mega master

I have the latest bios F9C

and nothing, the screen goes gray apple with spinning wheel

this is my setup, until I put the processor was perfect
Intel Core CPU _ i7-4790K
Gigabyte Z87X-BASE OC
Titan GPU SLI _
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series R.Liquida H100i
2666 Kingston RAM HiperX PREDATOR
Corsair Carbide Series Case High Airflow Air 540
Source Corsair AX860 80 Plus Platinum 860W
HDD 1 Samsung 840 Series SSD 256GB SATA3 Pro
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD 2 2TB SATA3 64MB
RED T TP-Link TL-WDN4800 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express

was put 4790k and decide all

incompatibility processor and motherbord with hackintosh?

I'm very frustrated, is my working tool and 4770k already sold it

thanks for the help friend

As I don't own a refresh Haswell chip I can't give you any information as to why your system doesn't boot with the new processor. Unable to test. There are many users with the same processor that have success. But for now it is up to you to use the search to find your answers. To give any of us help, booting in verbose (-v) and posting a picture may give an advantage of what is making your system hang. With the information you've provided I can't say what that is.

Hi,

Yes I am on F7 already.

Seems this build is not going to work. Its an absolute Disaster. I am starting the slowly realise why it pays to buy a legit mac. I have spent hours rooting at this thing.

I had a lovely Ivy Bridge build but I followed the Instructions directly from the Buyers guide for that one. I would not recommend deviating from that list, as this seems to have backfired following this supposed golden build guide.

Damn it anyway. Now I have to sell this lot off.

I too have Ivy and it's great. I really like Haswell now. The components of this build were from the buyers guide and works for many people. Hackintosh isn't for everyone but has many advantages over price comparison to a real Mac. I use FCP X on my Z87X-OC as well on my 2012 MBP and it renders beautifully on my Hack and the performance increase is immense giving my MBP a longer life. Its my go to machine and maybe you will find a solution to stabilise yours.

Hey i was going to Build me a hackintosh, with that motherboard Z87X Oc, but waswondering about the USB Bug of the Chipset of C1. Which one has this Motherboard? The C2?

That is a question I am unsure of. I can tell you that I frequently use my USB ports for copying media from a GoPro, DLSR, standby charging for a range extender/RavPower power supply and charging my iPad mini/ iPhone without hiccups. As for external hard drives I don't know as I use Network Assisted Storage but a family member has it configured via a 500GB 3.0 External USB(For Storage) which utilises PhotoShop with no problems as I would have been notified.

Congrats, looks surprisingly good in white :)

Any luck with iTunes purchased content and trailers ?

The workaround I ended up doing was using Parallels on my Hackintosh.
My build is quite similar to wildwillow's, except I use a GTX770 4GB card connected to a large LG flat screen TV using HDMI. I run MacOS 10.9.4. I rented an HD movie using Mac iTunes 11.4 and unfortunately was then introduced to the same video playback black screen problem I've seen described by others. I happen to have Parallels 10 running Windows 7 on my Hackintosh. So, I installed iTunes 11.4 for windows on my Parallels machine. I copied the rented downloaded movie file from the Music>iTunes>iTunes Media>Movies folder to the equivalent area on my Windows 7 Parallels machine. Right-clicking on the movie in Windows 7 give the option to "open with iTunes". You must authorize the Windows version of iTunes to play the protected content, but it worked for me. Got to see Captain America!

The workaround I ended up doing was using Parallels on my Hackintosh.
My build is quite similar to wildwillow's, except I use a GTX770 4GB card connected to an large LG flat screen TV using HDMI. I run MacOS 10.9.4. I rented an HD movie using Mac iTunes 11.4 and unfortunately was then introduced to the same video playback black screen problem I've seen described by others. I happen to have Parallels 10 running Windows 7 on my Hackintosh. So, I installed iTunes 11.4 for windows on my Parallels machine. I copied the rented downloaded movie file from the Music>iTunes>iTunes Media>Movies folder to the equivalent area on my Windows 7 Parallels machine. Right-clicking on the movie in Windows 7 give the option to "open with iTunes". You must authorize the Windows version of iTunes to play the protected content, but it worked for me. Got to see Captain America!

That is the only way at the moment to view iTunes protected content. Thanks for sharing. Wondering if only legacy booting from the BIOS may authorise playback?? BTW was it "The Winter Soldier" thought is was great?

I need a display port output. What would you recommend that would work with this system?

Great detail on the build. Thanks!

Repaired Permissions and updated to 10.9.5 via the Combo Update here OS X 10.9.5 Update no issues at all. Reinstalled audio with MultiBeast. Patched the AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.kext and uploaded it to the original post here Post#388

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back