Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made that work, but the audio is not working for me unless I use headphones in the box. But I think the hdmiaudio is not working, anyway I can fix that? I'm on 10.9.1. Other then that it's working awesome, geekbench score of 14000 unclocked. :)

I did so- but no effect

I made that work, but the audio is not working for me unless I use headphones in the box. But I think the hdmiaudio is not working, anyway I can fix that? I'm on 10.9.1. Other then that it's working awesome, geekbench score of 14000 unclocked. :)

HDMI Audio requires either an edited DSDT or installed SSDT. You can find the information, tools and excellent guide here.Haswell HDMI Audio

Wildwillow,

Thanks again for this guide. Everything turned out great. Very stable build indeed.

How can I get facetime working? Anyone else could chime in that would be great as well. Any suggestions on compatible webcams?

-dillinger

Wildwillow,

Thanks again for this guide. Everything turned out great. Very stable build indeed.

How can I get facetime working? Anyone else could chime in that would be great as well. Any suggestions on compatible webcams?

-dillinger

To get FaceTime working you need to download FileNVRam 1.1.3 and install it in /Extra/Modules.
http://public.xzenue.com/downloads/

For a compatible webcam see the Accessories section of the Buyer's Guide. There's a tried and tested Logitech HD Pro webcam that works out of the box.

Thanks mate I will give it when I get home. One more thing. Will facetime still work if i don't have a webcam? Many thanks as always!!!

Thanks mate I will give it when I get home. One more thing. Will facetime still work if i don't have a webcam? Many thanks as always!!!

Are you kidding me, FaceTime requires a camera to work!!! You're welcome.

Hi Wildwillow!

Great set up, i've got more or less the same setup just today! Just got a difference graphic's card. Great guide to, did help me alot in the last hour :)

One problem i have is now OSX Mavricks is not finding my DVD drive? Any idea's on this? I followed your guide on the UniBeast install, if this helps?

Cheers

Ben

Hi,

I used this guide to pretty much build my whole setup. It's been working great right up until now...

It looks like the computer has maybe updated itself to 10.9.1, because I know I installed Mavericks as soon as it came out pretty much, so it must have. The issue I have is I have no sound; everything else is working fine.

Can anyone help with explaining what I need to do to fix this, or should I just do a new install?

thanks

Hi,

I used this guide to pretty much build my whole setup. It's been working great right up until now...

It looks like the computer has maybe updated itself to 10.9.1, because I know I installed Mavericks as soon as it came out pretty much, so it must have. The issue I have is I have no sound; everything else is working fine.

Can anyone help with explaining what I need to do to fix this, or should I just do a new install?

thanks

I had had the same problem. Run through the Multibeast set up again. Make sure you select the right sound drivers. What motherboard are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back