Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
When trying to install multibeast at customized, i noticed that GraphicsEnabler=No . Should i change it GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the bootmode?

When trying to install multibeast at customized, i noticed that GraphicsEnabler=No . Should i change it GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the bootmode?

No. You require GraphicsEnabler=No as your card has native support.

Hi meminiau,

So you have installed Mavericks over your Mountain Lion installation. Are you able to boot into Mavericks using UniBeast USB? Or does it still boot into Mountain Lion.

Yep that's right; did what you did and installed it over Mountain Lion.

I've tried booting up now without the usb, and it tells me it "Can't find /mach_kernel" and to press a key to continue.

I will now try booting up with the usb stick and see how I go.

UPDATE - I recreated the USB using the latest Unibeast and all is working :)

Alright, so I came upon another issue (the sleep problem isn't resolved either): I am not getting any USB audio. My Logitech headsets when connected to the front USB ports do not yield any audio output. The device doesn't appear for selection in the Audio settings pane in System Preferences. It doesn't show up in the system profiler either. Other USB devices are working in the same ports so it's not an issue with the ports. Now this is an issue I would really love to have resolved as I often use headsets while watching videos/movies/tuts.

Not sure if this helps, but my earplugs with 3.5mm analog jack on the front port do work. In the worst case I am looking to buy headphones with a 3.5mm analog jack, but since many of you are using the exact same configuration here, I am hoping someone might be able to guide me.

Thanks!

Alright, so I came upon another issue (the sleep problem isn't resolved either): I am not getting any USB audio. My Logitech headsets when connected to the front USB ports do not yield any audio output. The device doesn't appear for selection in the Audio settings pane in System Preferences. It doesn't show up in the system profiler either. Other USB devices are working in the same ports so it's not an issue with the ports. Now this is an issue I would really love to have resolved as I often use headsets while watching videos/movies/tuts.

Not sure if this helps, but my earplugs with 3.5mm analog jack on the front port do work. In the worst case I am looking to buy headphones with a 3.5mm analog jack, but since many of you are using the exact same configuration here, I am hoping someone might be able to guide me.

Thanks!

Not sure whether this will work as I don't have a USB headset. But a suggestion. With it plugged in go to Applications>Utilities>Audio Midi Setup and see if you can create a profile for it there.

I finally can boot my OSX 10.8.5 without safe mode or any flag. After I plug in my video card, I disable the internal intel graphic in the bios (i forgot to do this). Changing the primary display from IGX to ePCI1 is not enough for me I need to disable the Intel graphics as well. All work well no more Missing HCI bluetooth transport for me after this. I don't even need to type in GraphicsEnabler=No. I think my nvidia 770 is natively supported in OSX 10.8.5

Now have download the Maverick from the apps store, after I finish the installation the system said it will restart. After it restart, it starts but still in OSX 10.8.5 I thought I can just install it directly from my mac. I guess I need to run Unibeast to install maverick.
I will update the progress.
BTW is there a compatible PCI sound card with Hackintosh? I have Asus Xonar STX card, but I don't think it is supported. I prefer to use PCI sound card for gaming and the one from the mother board are very basic sound card.

I finally can boot my OSX 10.8.5 without safe mode or any flag. After I plug in my video card, I disable the internal intel graphic in the bios (i forgot to do this). Changing the primary display from IGX to ePCI1 is not enough for me I need to disable the Intel graphics as well. All work well no more Missing HCI bluetooth transport for me after this. I don't even need to type in GraphicsEnabler=No. I think my nvidia 770 is natively supported in OSX 10.8.5

Yes it has native support in Mountain Lion 10.8.5.

have download the Maverick from the apps store, after I finish the installation the system said it will restart. After it restart, it starts but still in OSX 10.8.5 I thought I can just install it directly from my mac. I guess I need to run Unibeast to install maverick.
I will update the progress.
BTW is there a compatible PCI sound card with Hackintosh? I have Asus Xonar STX card, but I don't think it is supported. I prefer to use PCI sound card for gaming and the one from the mother board are very basic sound card.

You need to create a Mavericks UniBeast Installer. See post #157 of this thread for link to upgrade from Mountain Lion to Mavericks. You will have to search the forum to find out about compatible PCI sound cards as I don't use one i'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back