Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Thanks for your update. I'm interested in your efforts because this is really strange for Thunderbolt to freeze.

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

You're using F10 correct? Now that my mobo is not recognizing my install USB this situation became even more curious. I know what I'm doing today =)

Kind of a general question:

But is there a significant reason why we should upgrade to 10.8.3 with the UP5-TH? Because people seem to be reporting problem after problem when they make the jump from 10.8.2. And I'm experiencing the same (except I have 10.8.3 image so I'm STARTING at 10.8.3). So far, my 10.8.3 is just REFUSING to boot when I plug in my Gigabyte 660 OC, even though it works perfectly with HD4000. And yes, I've followed all the multibeast settings (ALC898, FakeSMC plugins, AppleIntelE100, Graphics Enabler=No) AND applied the 10.8.3 combo update before inserting the video card. It just boots to the grey screen with a perpetually rotating circle

I'm thinking of just finding a clean copy of 10.8.0 and following the 10.8.2 guides - specifically this one and alfa's guide. A lot of people seem to be reporting stable builds with that version. Or am I going to be missing something real huge by not going to 10.8.3?

You're using F10 correct? Now that my mobo is not recognizing my install USB this situation became even more curious. I know what I'm doing today =)
I'm using F11 BIOS.

noxcovenant,
Use 10.8.3 as it supports the 660 which <10.8.3 does not. Just follow the UniBeast Installation Guide using Mountain Lion purchased from Apple's Mac App Store. :thumbup:

noxcovenant,
Use 10.8.3 as it supports the 660 which <10.8.3 does not. Just follow the UniBeast Installation Guide using Mountain Lion purchased from Apple's Mac App Store. :thumbup:

In my case 10.8.3, while it did support my gtx 275, it would not work with out GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Afterwards, it worked better then on my previous Hackintosh.

On my MB i some times have the same problem if i use the f12 key to load the boot menu

None of the attached USB devices is shown.

You solve that problem by power of an unplug ac for aprox 30 sec.

Then it's working

Hi Stork,

I have a similar rig like yours, I was wondering if you can help me to figure out how to make GTX 650Ti working with Adobe CS6's Mercury GPU acceleration on OSX 10.8.3, because the GPU is recognized as D14P2-30, so I have no idea how to enable it through anyway. ( I have opened a thread here but have not received an idea response yet. http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...eration-work-after-effect-cs6.html#post600512)
It will be very much appreciated if you can help, or even just tell me that we can't. Thanks a lot.:thumbup:

Alcohotee,
I'm sorry, but I can not help you as I don't use Adobe products. However, you can also try posting in the Photography forum section.

It is rather simple to enable CUDA/Mercury Engine. Make sure you have the latest Nvidia/CUDA drivers installed (CUDA should be listed in system preferences).
Then google or

Check out this link:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-cs6-ae-cs6-gtx-660ti-other-nvidia-cards.html

You must remember everytime you update Adobe you have to re-do this trick of patching the supported_cards list.

BTW, as far as I know your card should be showing up correctly with 10.8.3, NOT as "D14P2-30", so maybe you should check your drivers... or maybe I am wrong. In any case my Fermi card, the 660gt (2gb) displays correctly in system config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back