Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

You say that your temperatures are ambient ?
Are you living in a sauna :D
:lol: :thumbup: :clap:

BTY how is your testing of Bios parameters going?
Weather has been/is too nice outside, and I've been doing Spring outside chores.

Acording backup i think that everyone should take a look here

http://www.tonymacx86.com/349-time-machine-backup-recovery-customac.html

Beelzebozo made a really great video guide how to use TimeMachine via unibeast to restore your hack to an earlier working point.
Beelzebozo is using an internal HD but i's also working with an external USB HD
+1 :thumbup: Beelzbozo did a good job explanning TM with UniBeast. Even I learned something.

My backups use TM to my Synology DS-110j/112j NASs, and, once a week, I use CCC to backup my OSs partitions. I've been fortunate not to have to restore.

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Do you use the Targus Bluetooth USB Dongle for the Apple wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse? If so, they work after the Hack wakes up from sleep?

I have the IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter but thinking about getting the Targus if you say it works.
Yes, the Apple BT keyboard, Mighty Mouse and TracPad are working with the Targus BT USB adapter, both on the KVM switch and in a standalone mode. I can't make the systems sleep when attached to the the KVM because the KVM must send queries to the system thru the USB connection. When in the standalone mode, I sleep the system and wake up (most of the time) with a tap of the Spacebar on the keyboard. The few times when it wouldn't wake with the BT keyboard, I'd plug in an Apple USB keyboard which would wake it up.

Hmmm. MacMan says his IOGear BT adapter works fine. I don't know what to tell you. Did I ask you what your Energy Saver (System Preferences) boxes are checked?

Hm, I have tried so many different things and just can't get it to wake up properly. There is always something wrong.

Here is my Energy Saver window:
energy_saver.jpg

EDIT: I thought it could be the VIA Labs firmware so I installed Win7 64-bit on a separate hard drive and tried to update the firmware but the VIA Labs FW Upgrade Tool wouldn't find any devices ("No device found" error).

If you aren't OC'ing, try disabling "Internal CPU PLL OverVoltage" in BIOS.

BIOS > MIT > Adv Freq Settings > Adv CPU Core Features > Internal CPU PLL Over Voltage = Disable.

If this works, make sticky noting that you made this setting and stick it on your monitor. Because if you ever OC, you'll need to remember you changed this setting. :thumbup:

Hi Stork

I’ve found out why some Z77X-UP5-TH and Z77X-UD5H users don’t get along with "xHCI = Smart Auto"

6.jpg

"xHCI Mode = Smart Auto" will only work properly if you boot into Windows with the latest Chipset and USB3 drivers from Gigabyte installed and your USB3 device/s connected.

Bios is dependent on Windows/USB3 driver to make that smart feature step in.

So connect all your USB3 devices and boot into Windows.
You only have to do this once.
(you have to repeat if you power off and unplug AC)
Bios will remember that even after sleep/wake or booting/rebooting OS X

"The on-board USB 3.0 port function like a 2.0 port before OS (Windows) USB 3.0 driver load.
If you reboot the OS, during this reboot BIOS phase, BIOS is "Smart" enough to avoid downgrade the USB 3.0 port back to 2.0 functionality before OS USB 3.0 driver load. So Smart Auto is faster than Auto on 2nd boot onward"

"Smart Auto
This mode is available only when the BIOS supports the xHCI controller in the pre-boot environment. This mode is similar to Auto, but it adds the capability to route the ports to xHCI or EHCI according to setting used in previous boots (for non-G3 boot) in the pre-boot environment. This allows the use of USB 3.0 devices prior to OS boot. xHCI controller enabling and rerouting should follow the steps in Auto, when previous boot routs ports to EHCI. Note: This is the recommended mode when BIOS has xHCI pre- boot support."

We must remember that this Motherboard is designed mainly for Windows but as you wrote in Ultrazones thread
"
Just may have to spring for Windoze to make OS X work better":p

Maybe some Bios freak could patch it to lock that "xHCI = Smart Auto" so we don't need Windows for that.

Good information, arehep. Explains why I'm confused as to why you're BIOS setup makes a difference for you. In my case, I don't have Windoze on Thunderball. I may have to get it just to update the motherboard firmware. But, at $80 a system, I'm really not feeling the need to pop the dollars for it.

BTW, did you know your username could be a name of an Egyptian Pharaoh? (I'm an amateur Egyptologist. Very amateur. :lol:)

Good information, arehep. Explains why I'm confused as to why you're BIOS setup makes a difference for you. In my case, I don't have Windoze on Thunderball. I may have to get it just to update the motherboard firmware. But, at $80 a system, I'm really not feeling the need to pop the dollars for it.

BTW, did you know your username could be a name of an Egyptian Pharaoh? (I'm an amateur Egyptologist. Very amateur. :lol:)

Oh yeah ?
i've never thought about that !!!
But when you updated from the old forum i couldn't log in with my old user name (pehera) so i just mirrored it and made a new account :idea: :thumbup:
Actually i've been around here since 2009 or 2010.
I'm a (very) amateur rocket scientist but we have that common that both a Stork and a Rocket has the ability to aviate :D

Thanks to Stork and everyone in this thread I got my hackintosh back up and running 10.8.3

still cant get my HD4000 to work dual monitors alongside my EVGA GTX 670 tho

IIRC, to have both a graphic card and HD4000, you need to enabled the BIOS's Peripherals > Internal Graphics > Enable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back