Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Hi Stork,

Just re-checked the specs on the motherboard and came upon this:

Integrated Graphics Processor:
  1. 1 x D-Sub port
  2. 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200
    * The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
    * Simultaneous output for DVI-D and the MDP2 Thunderbolt port is not supported.
  3. 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200
Intel DSL3510L chip:
  1. 2 Thunderbolt ports (MDP1/MDP2) support for Mini-DisplayPort and Thunderbolt monitor(s), and supporting a maximum resolution of 2560x1600.
    * When a monitor connected to the DVI-D port, the MDP2 Thunderbolt port can support Thunderbolt storage device(s) only.
    * Due to PC architecture I/O resources limitation, the amount of the Thunderbolt devices can be used is dependent on the quantity of PCI Express and PCI devices be installed. (Refer to Chapter 1-7, "Back Panel Connectors", and Chapter 2, "Peripherals\Intel(R) Thunderbolt" for more information.)

Your suggestion seems like the right one. Thanks again.

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Hey. I have a same build as yours except I'm using at OCZ Vertex 4 SSD. I have 10.8.3 installed. Now, I have way too much junk inside. I want to format the SSD and start every single thing all over again. How can I do that? (For more information: I also have another Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD in my build for Windows.)

Hey. I have a same build as yours except I'm using at OCZ Vertex 4 SSD. I have 10.8.3 installed. Now, I have way too much junk inside. I want to format the SSD and start every single thing all over again. How can I do that? (For more information: I also have another Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD in my build for Windows.)
Just follow the tonymacx86 UniBeast Installation Guide (link at top of this page) except you don't need to reformat the SSD as the guide states, just erase the disk and re-install. :thumbup:

If you run into install problems with the 650 Ti card, use GraphicsEnabler=No at the Chimera screen (Spacebar brings up the boot flag prompt).

If that doesn't work, remove the 650 Ti and install using the DVI HD4000 motherboard connection (be sure to set your BIOS accordingly). Once Mountain Lion 10.8.3 is installed, then:
- run MultiBeast again only selecting GraphicsEnabler=No;
- shutdown the computer and install the 650 Ti; and
- boot into the BIOS and reset the graphics parameters to use your 650 Ti.​
That should do it.

In the UniBeast Installation Guide, Step 2-3, you'll see the Partition button highlighted.
Choose the Erase button next to it instead;
Erase your drive (hopefully, you backed it up before this);
Quit Disk Utility; and
Continue with the Installation.​
If you're still confused, just follow the Guide - you do a couple of more steps but will accomplish the same thing.

I followed your instructions throughly however am still getting the following error message when trying to boot without -x:

WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported

I am however able to boot into safe mode using -x

My build:
I7 3770k
GA-Z77x UP5-Th
Corsair Vengence 16gb Ram
Sandisk extremem 120gb SSD
OS-X 10.8.3

What i have done so far.
Flashed V10 bios onto motherboard.
Set-up Bios according to your post
prepared unibeast drive.
Installed OS-X using unibeast drive onto hard drive
Boot from USB...
This is where i get the error message stated above however I am able to boot into safe mode and run multibeast, which I did and applied the setting recommended in your post. However this does not solve the problem and I get the same error message when trying to reboot without -x.
Thank You for all the help.
Its my first build so please explain it as if you are explaining it to a 5th grader.

p.s: I am able to install and run windows 7 and 8 without any problems. however I currently I am trying to fresh install OS-X 10.8.3

I've not seen your problem before. However, the current BIOS for v1.0 of this motherboard is F11. Hopefully, you flashed the right BIOS version for this motherboard. If you have, I recommend you post your problem in the Mountain Lion Desktop Support forum section because I can't help you here.

Thanks
The board came with F11 and I have having no success facing the same problem so I flashed F10 which didnt help or change anything either.
I will post my problem in the build forum.
Thanks Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back