Contribute
Register

*UPDATED*[Guide] Gigabyte Z170 HD3P 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys - just a quick update.
I am having a very unusual trouble dual-booting and thus the reason for the delay of the new guide.
Somehow Windows 10 is having the BIOS completely ignore CLOVER - I am trying to get to the bottom of it. Here's a quick explanation of what's going on:

1. Install OSX - works fine.
2. Rename BOOT folder to BOOT.BAK (in /EFI/CLOVER) - to avoid those endless entries in the BIOS boot menu.
3. Install Windows 10
4. CLOVER is gone.

Trying to figure it out. I'll probably end up doing a fresh install - even though I don't want to - just to see if Windows recognizes CLOVER properly and manages to somehow work alongside with it. I disconnected my OSX drive during the Windows install so I suppose the BOOT.BAK folder might have something to do with that.

Renaming the folder back to just "BOOT" fixes the problem but it's not actually sustainable - entries will start to pile up again.

I'll keep you guys posted.

P.S.
The new guide is really the old one but easier. Get all the SSDTs from the OP, get the kexts from the OP (Look for the attached EFI folder.zip) - create the flash drive and add them to the appropriate folders without touching the config.plist and install.... and then enjoy ;) Pretty straightforward.
Sound goes Multibeast > ALC 887/888 > the attached .command file > done.
All else works OOB for me.

Hi there,

Does your front audio work?

Mine doesn't work at all
@Itzeme - yes front audio does work. Very nicely too. Thanks @toleda for that! If yours doesn't work properly maybe you did not connect the header on the motherboard properly or didn't install properly. Or forgot to add the SSDT? Check toleda's guide in the Audio forum - read the "report a problem" requirement and post in the thread - he is usually lightning fast with the responses. Also check your BIOS version - I haven't tested anything past F5g

littlegreen, I did it in an other way:
1. Installed el Capitain on a SSD.
2. Disconnected this SSD and connected a 2nd SSD for Windows.
3. Reconnected the Mac SSD again.
4. Boot from an OSB-Stick and installed (only) Clover again on Mac SSD.

The reason for this ist that Windows tries to install its bootloader on the 1st (Mac) drive too and I dont want this. The windows bootloader did destroy the Clover booloader. In my solution every drive has its own bootloader and all is fine with dual booting via F12.

littlegreen, I did it in an other way:

That is exactly what I did, only I renamed my /EFI/BOOT folder to /EFI/BOOT.BAK

The reason for this is as follows:
When you boot off your OSX SSD Clover will sometimes create a boot entry - for me this happens EVERY time.
The effect of that is quite annoying really - when you hit F12 for boot menu you can see one boot entry for EVERY TIME YOU REBOOTED YOUR MACHINE. quite annoying. I have linked to a guide on how to delete the non-necessary entries in the OP. I still haven't got around on how to actually deal with the problem. Clover will not boot Windows 10 for me. I hope I get a day off this weekend and take a closer look at what's going on.

Thanks very much, littlegreen. This guide is great and easy to follow. Did anyone have any success to get a bluetooth dongle working on Gigabyte Z170-HD3P? Struggling with my gmyle Broadcom BCM20702 bluetooth adapter, listed as connected, but no sound coming from amazon echo bluetooth speaker.

Thanks very much, littlegreen. This guide is great and easy to follow. Did anyone have any success to get a bluetooth dongle working on Gigabyte Z170-HD3P? Struggling with my gmyle Broadcom BCM20702 bluetooth adapter, listed as connected, but no sound coming from amazon echo bluetooth speaker.

Hi liuq,

I got a $1 BT dongle that I somehow managed to get semi-working and gave it up. It could not be turned off and any paired device lost connection within 10 seconds. Tried all kinds of kexts and patches, ID spoofing, etc. Best thing you can do is get the one from the buyers guide.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/may/2016#Accessories

They are a bit pricey if you ask me - 20 british pounds for the first one... and in the US it's only $10.

Regarding your own thumb you can have a look on ****** - the thread is marked as Solved... didn't read through it, but give it a go!

I tried that solution but still failed to get the sound from the speaker. Errors show BluetoothAudioPlugIn.driver has some issues. I tried several usb ports after I confirmed they were indeed working for a usb 3.0 flash drive.

Last edited:
So I just finished writing the 10.11.4 guide ... aaaand 10.11.5 came out :D

If Apple keeps the trend this will be the last El Capitan version of the OS, so I'll just re-format and re-install a-fresh and share the results, effectively re-writing the guide.

@liuq - I haven't tried using Bluetooth audio. I would open a BT troubleshooting thread rather than looking for the issue in the motherboard. Keep in mind I am just a mere mortal that managed to install OSX on his machine :D

No worries. Finally I got it to work by replacing the config file with sama7896's config file (downloadable from this link, also put his/her ssdt-usb file in the ACPI/patched/ folder to specifically enable the back panel usb ports plus his/her two front ports, only one works for my case). Brcmpatchram2.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext were also put in the clover kext folder just in case.

I don't apply the Realtek audio fix because it seems to conflict with the config file in some way (if fix was applied first, config file was replaced and then no sound output could be found; additional audio fix also would not help). I do like the memory patch in the config file. The right memory info will show in the system after some tweaking (edit the config file with text editor and change the RAM frequency and vendor, or even slot and capacity as needed). Everything seems to work at 10.11.5 except the sleep issue (no display after wake up), usb 3.1 (usb-c not tested) and boot entry problem you mentioned.

Last edited:
Hi!)
My front audio don't work(.
Rear audio is working.
Run patch toleda:
Снимок экрана 2016-05-25 в 19.20.08.png
holds infinitely
My configuration:i5-6500; internal video; El Capitan 10.15.5. System working very fast. I don't have big problem (except front audio and 2 second freeze on screen before start of the system)

Hi!)
My front audio don't work(.
Rear audio is working.
Run patch toleda:
View attachment 196832
holds infinitely
My configuration:i5-6500; internal video; El Capitan 10.15.5. System working very fast. I don't have big problem (except front audio and 2 second freeze on screen before start of the system)

Hey Minter
According to the latest Multibeast thread audio should be working with just kept install from the app. I have not yet upgraded to 10.11.5 so I am afraid I cannot provide further help on the matter.
Try adding the patched SSDTs from the OP - One of them patches audio on-the-fly. It's in the EFI Folder zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back