Contribute
Register

*UPDATED*[Guide] Gigabyte Z170 HD3P 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
To do:
- USB Ports are all recognized and work with my keyboard and mouse, but only one USB 2.0 port works with my USB 3.0 device. Suggestions?

Edit: Found the solution. Needed SSDT-USB placed in ACPI/patched/ and an updated config.plst:
Code:
    <key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Arguments</key>
        <string>dart=0 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;HS05;HS07;HS08;HS10;SS01;SS02;SS05;SS06;SS07;SS08;SS10</string>

I don't remember having such trouble ever. However, you are running 10.11.4 and I am still on 10.11.3 ... hmm maybe I need to get a fresh drive and try to re-install and see what happens.

Are you using the USBInjectAll.kext?

Anybody else having sleep problems?
I have it all working great, but when it wakes up from sleep, it acts like its waking up, but then I don't get anything on the monitor.

I'm using DVI on Intel HD530 integrated graphics (no Intel video injection).

kexts in efi/clover/kexts/10.11 are
fakesmc.kext
realtekalc.kext
realtekrtl8111.kext
usbinjectall.kext

config.plist:
View attachment config.plist

no ssdt/dsdt amls in apci/patched

Most everything seems to work fine except for resume from sleep.

Anyone else using this mobo with onboard intel (no injection) and sleep is working ok?

Hi,

thank you for that guide. The bios setting really helped. I got thru the installation without a breeze, but after using multibeast to fix my HD530 graphics, it distorts the screen before the login prompt. Minor issue.

Still have to get network and sound going, as well as the recognition of my SamsungM.2 900 NVMe drive.

Carsten

Hi there,

I don't have any problems waking up from sleep, but I got some weird slowness during shutdown or putting the hacky back to sleep (but it works).

Has anyone successfully connected a USB 3.0 front panel?

Hi there,

I don't have any problems waking up from sleep, but I got some weird slowness during shutdown or putting the hacky back to sleep (but it works).

Has anyone successfully connected a USB 3.0 front panel?

My front panel works as USB 3.0 since the beginning. I haven't even thought about it. Every device I plug into it is listed as a USB 3.0 Bus device and data transfer speed seems to behave accordingly...

Please note I have not yet upgraded to 10.11.4

Sorry for breaking into this post.

I'm trying to build the same machine as you.

Could you provide a copt of your plist from your build so I can see where i'm going wrong

thanks
Kirk

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/191197-new-installation.html

Hey kirk,

Please read through the guide carefully and make sure to "Check" on a few points:

1. Match the BIOS version - and then the settings as well.

2. Boot without your NVidia (or use nvdisable - not sure there - don't own NVidia yet)

3. I have shared different versions of my config.plist files.
* I have my USB config.plist for initial boot Here
* I have the config.plist I am currently using posted in the OP - EFI Folder.zip - in fact - all the needed kexts are in there as well.

Please note I am using ATI Radeon graphics so edit your config.plist file accordingly to match your NVidia.
That would be - do NOT inject ATI and do NOT use the Verde.kext

Let me know how it goes!

Happy hacking,
littlegreen

P.S. I had a look at your "New Installation" thread and I'm not sure you need "slide=0" and "rootless" boot arguments. To be perfectly honest I don't even know what slide=0 does but knowing how pretentious OS X could be - I would drop them both if I were you.

Also - dart=0 is included by default by Unibeast (don't know about 6.2 - was before that...) - try adding it to the mix and see if that makes any difference - usually does...

I've posted some notes about DDR4 and XMPDetection at
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ving-issues-being-recognized.html#post1243308

Basically, without the patches I made, the XMPDetection option does nothing and DDR4 detection from spd is mostly not working. In that case, you have to depend on the SMBIOS tables which are generally correct (except the manufacturer is a 4 digit number?), so you set Trust to true, but that seems to mix in some of the crappy spd values or do other weird things (I've seen my two 16 GB sticks turn into 1 16 GB stick and 2 8 GB sticks...), so it's probably best to add all memory info into the config.plist, but I haven't looked into that to see if that has any of the same issues.

Hey guys!

I'll be getting a new SSD for my system. Also I got another 2 sticks of RAM so I'll be having 32 gigabytes in total so I decided instead of cloning my drive to undergo a full new installation with the updated Multibeast and Clover.

I'll give it a go and if it ends up working with less workarounds I'll re-write the guide and post it in the OP and I'll move the original guide to Post #3.

A bad mistake on my side was not "Reserving" a couple posts in the start of the thread... oh well - I'll know better next time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back