Contribute
Register

*UPDATED*[Guide] Gigabyte Z170 HD3P 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding ram...in order to have right speed stepping i enabled xmp - profile 1 in bios (profile1 was the only option). But ram now recognized 3200mhz but my memories are 2400mhz and all the programs which are showing the ram load are going crazy. My first concern is not to harm (overheat) the memories and after of course to fix this in order to monitor the ram load(clean memory master wired memory going in abnormal values ^^). Take a taste from screenshots.

Any idea?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 13.54.55.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 13.54.55.png
    74 KB · Views: 190
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 13.57.31.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 13.57.31.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 228
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 13.58.48.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 13.58.48.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 180
Goodmorning again guys, seems that everything working fine except of temp,fan sensors. I got only only hd temps. Any good tested fakesmc in order to see the sensors?

UPDATE : ok i found a pack for skylake sensors. i used all kexts except of facesmc which is included in that pack and temps are only visible in hwmonitor (not in istat menus).Also fan speed of cpu not recognized....only gpu.

I have the same problem. No cpu fan speed. Probably need to wait for newer fakesms or El Capitan to work better with Skylake.

Regarding ram...in order to have right speed stepping i enabled xmp - profile 1 in bios (profile1 was the only option). But ram now recognized 3200mhz but my memories are 2400mhz and all the programs which are showing the ram load are going crazy. My first concern is not to harm (overheat) the memories and after of course to fix this in order to monitor the ram load(clean memory master wired memory going in abnormal values ^^). Take a taste from screenshots.

Any idea?
The reported RAM speed from Clover does not affect the performance of Mac OS X.

Please post the hex text of your SPD, or a binary file of the SPD data (512 bytes) of all your memory DDR DIMMS so we can see if there's a bug in the Clover xmp speed calculation.

The RAM speed from SMBIOS is usually correct. The SMBIOS usually has incorrect manufacturer though (because SMBIOS doesn't have a table of manufacturer names). Check the clover log. Post the SMBIOS memory section, and the spd scanning section. I think it would be better for Clover if it code use the memory speed from SMBIOS and the other information from spd.

The clean memory program might have a bug. Are you sure it behaves differently when xmp is not detected? What are the numbers in Apple's Activity Monitor in both cases?

The reported RAM speed from Clover does not affect the performance of Mac OS X.

Please post the hex text of your SPD, or a binary file of the SPD data (512 bytes) of all your memory DDR DIMMS so we can see if there's a bug in the Clover xmp speed calculation.

The RAM speed from SMBIOS is usually correct. The SMBIOS usually has incorrect manufacturer though (because SMBIOS doesn't have a table of manufacturer names). Check the clover log. Post the SMBIOS memory section, and the spd scanning section. I think it would be better for Clover if it code use the memory speed from SMBIOS and the other information from spd.

The clean memory program might have a bug. Are you sure it behaves differently when xmp is not detected? What are the numbers in Apple's Activity Monitor in both cases?

hello Joevt and thx for yr answer...well i used the fakesmc from the hwsensors.zip file i uploaded earlier and now the speed of the memory is right 2400mhz and also istamenus also the clean memory program (which i dont use i just downloaded to check if istamenus is mistaken) are show the normal wired or free memory.So it was a bug from my previous fakesmc. But to answer your question about apple's activity monitor , the behavior was pretty much the same with the other programs and the memory pressure was up to the highest level on the graph also wired memory was increasing to infinity. (btw i use smbios from 3,1 but is working like charm now after the fakesmc replacement).

http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/joevt.1578019/

Hello guys,
I'm a big newbie in the mackintosh world but so far my configuration seems to run smoothly, I just have troubles with the UBS 3 ports, they don't seem to work with any USB 3 devices, I installed FakePCIID_XHCIMux and FakePCIID and also Generic-USB3 kext but it still won't work, any solutions ?
Thanks

Hello guys,
I'm a big newbie in the mackintosh world but so far my configuration seems to run smoothly, I just have troubles with the UBS 3 ports, they don't seem to work with any USB 3 devices, I installed FakePCIID_XHCIMux and FakePCIID and also Generic-USB3 kext but it still won't work, any solutions ?
Thanks

First of all, put the information about the PC that you want to run Mac OS on in your profile, so we know what hardware you're working with. If you have one of the newer motherboards with a 100 series chipset, then all you need is USBInjectAll.kext in the /EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11 folder and a "uia_exclude=" option in the boot arguments if there are more than 15 USB ports connected to the XHC. Read about it here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Check the system.log for USB messages.

Regarding ram...in order to have right speed stepping i enabled xmp - profile 1 in bios (profile1 was the only option). But ram now recognized 3200mhz but my memories are 2400mhz ...

For me, the standard MultiBeast Clover was showing 1333MHZ with a MAC ID of 15,1 (with XMP Profile 1 enable) and when I updated to r3556 it became 2285MHZ. Maybe I'll play with r3357...

For me, the standard MultiBeast Clover was showing 1333MHZ with a MAC ID of 15,1 (with XMP Profile 1 enable) and when I updated to r3556 it became 2285MHZ. Maybe I'll play with r3357...

I gave up on memory recognition and typed it in manually for my system. I have pointed out a guide a couple pages back. Clover Configurator handles it beautifully!!

Hi littlegreen,

Do you remember if you had to do anything to make your USB 3.0 ports work? None of mine are currently working.

Edit: Looks like I forgot to edit my config.plist It works now. (I think) :)

-H

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
This is my first hackintosh and ofc I'm new to Mac world.
My build:
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z170-HD3P
Video: GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC2 (2gb)
CPU: Intel Skylake, Core i5 6600
RAM: HyperX Fury Black 16GB DDR4 2133MHz
Bios version: F5
Tried to get all the parts from buyers guide May.

i have followed littlegreen's bios settings and the install works great with no problems what so ever,
but after that I can't get anything to work: no sound, no Ethernet, no video card.
USB 3 and 2 it seems to work front and back with no problem.
I have tried to "copy the ENTIRE EFI folder FROM the USB DRIVE TO your LOCAL DRIVE" but I don't know how/where EFI folder is on my HDD.
I apologize, I'm a total noob at Macintosh.
I appreciate any help!

p.s. sorry for bad English!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back