Contribute
Register

Update HP Laptops to Yosemite with Clover UEFI

Assuming you have Clover already installed, at a minimum, do these:
-OS X support kexts: Make sure to select your model from either the Standard model or Business model dropdowns
-Config and DSDT patcher: once again, selecting your model from the HP Laptop dropdown
-SSDT generator

The Misc OS X fixes and Extra Tools are optional. Clicking on each entry will give a description of what it does in the bottom text pane.

Good Luck!

-bth

Went ahead based on your help and restarted without issue so off to download yosemite for a few hours (terribly slow internet) Thanks again, really appreciate all the help!

So everything seems to be working except sound (don't have BT so no way to check that) I saw in the guide where it said to return to clover installer to update kexts but not sure how to do this, thanks

oh and when starting up from a restart or shut down it loads till about half way with a slightly distorted (squished) apple logo then it really distorts to about 4 very messed up apple logos. Not really a problem since its only on boot but thought id mention it

So everything seems to be working except sound (don't have BT so no way to check that) I saw in the guide where it said to return to clover installer to update kexts but not sure how to do this, thanks

oh and when starting up from a restart or shut down it loads till about half way with a slightly distorted (squished) apple logo then it really distorts to about 4 very messed up apple logos. Not really a problem since its only on boot but thought id mention it

Audio: repair permissions & rebuild cache, reboot a couple of times...

If you have installed correctly, you should not be seeing the glitches during boot...

Audio: repair permissions & rebuild cache, reboot a couple of times...

If you have installed correctly, you should not be seeing the glitches during boot...

Audio is all fixed!!! Thanks so much. As far as boot, it seems a little better. Still is acting up but only for a few seconds so as long as it isn't apart of a greater problem i'll just let it alone for now. I can't seem to get mark up working, though that could be me. More oddly in notification center I don't see widgets like weather, calculator, or stocks for example. Do others have these widgets???

You have to press F4 at the *main* Clover screen. Press space to cancel the timer, then press F4. You will not notice anything on-screen as it is just writing files to ACPI/origin.

I pressed F4 at main Clover screen and then hit enter to load Mavericks 10.9.5.
After boot I see no difference ad before.
I installed latest PBI CE and then downloaded Yosemite from appstore but got this error.
I tried to re-download yosemite from Appstore twice but got same error showing up.
Any hint?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-04 at 16.29.52.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-04 at 16.29.52.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 109
I pressed F4 at main Clover screen and then hit enter to load Mavericks 10.9.5.
After boot I see no difference ad before.
I installed latest PBI CE and then downloaded Yosemite from appstore but got this error.
I tried to re-download yosemite from Appstore twice but got same error showing up.
Any hint?

Re-create the USB using a different USB stick/USB port.

Re-create the USB using a different USB stick/USB port.

I am upgrading Mavericks to Yosemite without any USB stick.
I just upgraded to last PBI CE and then downloaded Yosemite on HardDisk and opened it.

I am upgrading Mavericks to Yosemite without any USB stick.
I just upgraded to last PBI CE and then downloaded Yosemite on HardDisk and opened it.

I'm assuming you're already running Clover (as per the guide).

Remove it from /Applications and any other location it may be. Empty trash. Re-download.

I'm assuming you're already running Clover (as per the guide).

Remove it from /Applications and any other location it may be. Empty trash. Re-download.

Got same error.
Can't understand why...

So I accidentally deleted all the tools and such like kext wizard. Any suggestions to get them back?

edit: nvm got the important ones back

Back