Contribute
Register

Update HP Laptops to Yosemite with Clover UEFI

Got same error.
Can't understand why...

I fixed it replacing RAM with 2xgb modules.
Then, after intstall I installed again my former 2x4gb modules.

Found out this was a common problem.

Just wanted to say thank you for your advice. I spent 4 days trying every which way to install Yosemite on my 6570b--- Mavericks was no problem, but Yosemite was nothing but problems. As soon as I did what you suggested, everything proceeded nicely. Much thanks!!

Brien:D

Hey,

I had the exact same problem on my 6570b.

Go into your BIOS and disable the Serial Port, Parallel Port and SD Card Reader options.

I think it may just be the Serial Port that causes the issue but I never got round to testing it more.

Turning off the 3 options in the BIOS resolved the issue for me.

Cheers

Dave

I migrated my maverick installation to a clover maverick...then installed Yosemite with clover..my sound did not work...reading earlier in this thread recommended to repatch the dsdt..I believe it's called...within the probook clover installer....I did that selecting patch dsdt as well as selecting my model...personal....4x40....it installed.....I restarted my computer..it started to load the OS X...then goes to a black screen....I have a usb Bluetooth thing..I see it flashing...also the light in front of my computer is flashing..this suggests to me that it booted to the OS X...just something went wrong with the display...how, if at all; will I be able to fix this issue?

I migrated my maverick installation to a clover maverick...then installed Yosemite with clover..my sound did not work...reading earlier in this thread recommended to repatch the dsdt..I believe it's called...within the probook clover installer....I did that selecting patch dsdt as well as selecting my model...personal....4x40....it installed.....I restarted my computer..it started to load the OS X...then goes to a black screen....I have a usb Bluetooth thing..I see it flashing...also the light in front of my computer is flashing..this suggests to me that it booted to the OS X...just something went wrong with the display...how, if at all; will I be able to fix this issue?

You must have made incorrect selections when you patched DSDT.

Run the ProBook Installer CE and be careful about making the correct selections for your (unspecified) hardware.

And...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Ok thanks..I'll be happy to update my profile with the specifics of my computer...at this time...while booting to a black screen...how, exactly; would I be able to re run the probook clover installer..in order to select the correct dsdt patching?

Ok thanks..I'll be happy to update my profile with the specifics of my computer...at this time...while booting to a black screen...how, exactly; would I be able to re run the probook clover installer..in order to select the correct dsdt patching?

Boot using your USB with Clover on it.

Thanks...im back in...as I repatch the dsdt....would I need to delete anything..meaning whatever I may have wrongly patched? Or can I just repatch it the correct way and it will overwrite whatever was patched wrong?

Thanks...im back in...as I repatch the dsdt....would I need to delete anything..meaning whatever I may have wrongly patched? Or can I just repatch it the correct way and it will overwrite whatever was patched wrong?

Just re-patch and it will overwrite.

Thank you...rebooting normally now is working...however I still have no sound..when I go into system preferences it says there's no output devices found.

A Google search led me to the advice of installing the Kext wizard...and rebuilding the kext cache..which I did..and now sound works again :)

Back