Contribute
Register

Update HP Laptops to Yosemite with Clover UEFI

Hello there, when I press F4 at Clover boot screen nothing happens (apparently).
Any way I can fix that?

What are you expecting to happen?

Nothing happens when I press F4 at the clover screen (other than the countdown timer to boot to osx stops) according to system preferences › clover › general my version is 2771 if that helps. Also running 10.9.5 on a probook 4540s Thanks, I'm sure its some obvious error on my part

Nothing happens when I press F4 at the clover screen (other than the countdown timer to boot to osx stops) according to system preferences › clover › general my version is 2771 if that helps. Also running 10.9.5 on a probook 4540s Thanks, I'm sure its some obvious error on my part

Pressing F4 just writes your motherboard's ACPI tables to the /EFI/CLOVER/BOOT/origin folder of your boot partition. PBI CE patches the clean DSDT.aml file that is in that folder and writes it to the ../patched folder. If you don't have the clean DSDT.aml in the ../origin folder, then PBI CE will give you a message that you did not press F4 at the Clover bootloader screen.

-bth

Pressing F4 just writes your motherboard's ACPI tables to the /EFI/CLOVER/BOOT/origin folder of your boot partition.

-bth

Okay so REALLY stupid question then; what about step 2 I know I should know this

1. Press F4 at Clover screen.

2. Run latest PBI CE and update Clover, kexts, DSDT, config.

You have to press F4 at the *main* Clover screen. Press space to cancel the timer, then press F4. You will not notice anything on-screen as it is just writing files to ACPI/origin.

You have to press F4 at the *main* Clover screen. Press space to cancel the timer, then press F4. You will not notice anything on-screen as it is just writing files to ACPI/origin.

Oh okay thanks for the clarification, I was waiting to see something happen. Im just not entirely sure about step 2(Run latest PBI CE and update Clover, kexts, DSDT, config.) I know, stupid question

Oh okay thanks for the clarification, I was waiting to see something happen. Im just not entirely sure about step 2(Run latest PBI CE and update Clover, kexts, DSDT, config.) I know, stupid question

PBI CE = ProBook Installer Clover Edition (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-yosemite/128774-hp-probook-installer-clover-edition.html).

In PBI CE you will selected whether or not to install latest version of Clover, specify what HP ProBook/EliteBook model you have for kext installation and DSDT.aml patching (need to have pressed F4 at Clover Screen to have a clean DSDT.aml to patch) and any other tools you want to install.

Without a patched DSDT, you won't be able to use all of the features of the ProBook/EliteBook, such as audio, HDMI, networking, etc.

-bth

PBI CE = ProBook Installer Clover Edition (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-yosemite/128774-hp-probook-installer-clover-edition.html).

In PBI CE you will selected whether or not to install latest version of Clover, specify what HP ProBook/EliteBook model you have for kext installation and DSDT.aml patching (need to have pressed F4 at Clover Screen to have a clean DSDT.aml to patch) and any other tools you want to install.

Without a patched DSDT, you won't be able to use all of the features of the ProBook/EliteBook, such as audio, HDMI, networking, etc.

-bth

Awesome thanks. Should I go ahead and do all of these, all but the ones with skip under action, or

Really appreciate all the help Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 8.24.41 PM.png

Awesome thanks. Should I go ahead and do all of these, all but the ones with skip under action, or

Really appreciate all the helpView attachment 111787

Assuming you have Clover already installed, at a minimum, do these:
-OS X support kexts: Make sure to select your model from either the Standard model or Business model dropdowns
-Config and DSDT patcher: once again, selecting your model from the HP Laptop dropdown
-SSDT generator

The Misc OS X fixes and Extra Tools are optional. Clicking on each entry will give a description of what it does in the bottom text pane.

Good Luck!

-bth

Back