Contribute
Register

Update HP Laptops to Yosemite with Clover UEFI

I have the Probook 4540s and my audio dose not work when I use the hp probook installer, but when I use voodoohda it works but the microphone goes in and out. what do you suggest i do to fix this. I don't want to use the voodoohda kext.

Get rid of VoodooHDA and related files...

Make sure you followed the guide carefully (especially as it relates to DSDT). Repair permissions & rebuild cache. Reboot...

If still not working....

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Install it to /usr/bin.

In terminal,
Code:
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

my audio did work but I had to use Kext Wizard to rebuild caches and then it worked. I was able to boot using my usb and repatched the DSDT but still no luck. The problem seems to be that I can't get my keyboard functioning correctly. I'm trying a few things but I am not really good at patching config files (I have to rely on installers with GUIs...any help would be greatly appreciated).

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Install it to /usr/bin.

In terminal,
Code:
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Install the debug ACPIBacklight.kext. And if it happens again, post a similar photo. There are more symbols in the debug version which might help track down the cause. Something is going funny with ACPIBacklight.kext in your hardware config.

RehabMan, I installed the ACPIBackLight (debug version) kext and have not experienced any more kernel panics. Given that this appears to have helped resolve the issue, would like your advice for longer term. Should I just leave it as is or uninstall debug version and reinstall something else?

I really appreciate the help that you and others here have continued to offer.

Steven

RehabMan, I installed the ACPIBackLight (debug version) kext and have not experienced any more kernel panics. Given that this appears to have helped resolve the issue, would like your advice for longer term. Should I just leave it as is or uninstall debug version and reinstall something else?

I really appreciate the help that you and others here have continued to offer.

Steven

Debug version just has extra debug traces to system.log and compiler optimization. Other than that, no difference.

Download patchmatic...

So I got everything working by replacing my config file with the one I had before the update. I tried running ProBook Installer CE 6.2.12.2 again and it breaks again. I found that it is not just the keyboard issue but rather I have no control of display brightness even through system preferences so I think it is a graphics issue. Since I have replaced the config file and used clover conifigurator to change to MacBookAir 5,2 and now have everything working including WIFI...would it be necessary to do the things you suggested?

So I got everything working by replacing my config file with the one I had before the update. I tried running ProBook Installer CE 6.2.12.2 again and it breaks again. I found that it is not just the keyboard issue but rather I have no control of display brightness even through system preferences so I think it is a graphics issue. Since I have replaced the config file and used clover conifigurator to change to MacBookAir 5,2 and now have everything working including WIFI...would it be necessary to do the things you suggested?

If you have no issues, no need to troubleshoot.

So I definitely messed something up. I downloaded the newest PBI and updated everything (must have messed something up here) and restarted and now all I get is a black screen when I try to boot my Mavericks install. I saw someone saying something about boot from USB to fix this. I'm a super noob at Hackintoshing. Would anyone be able to explain a bit? Thanks in advance.

So I definitely messed something up. I downloaded the newest PBI and updated everything (must have messed something up here) and restarted and now all I get is a black screen when I try to boot my Mavericks install. I saw someone saying something about boot from USB to fix this. I'm a super noob at Hackintoshing. Would anyone be able to explain a bit? Thanks in advance.

What did you select in the ProBook Installer?

Of course, you can boot using your USB, assuming you kept it.

Also, if you were previously using Chameleon, you can still boot via Chameleon by using Esc/F9 at BIOS and selecting to boot legacy to your HDD (assuming you haven't already updated to Yosemite)

What did you select in the ProBook Installer?

Of course, you can boot using your USB, assuming you kept it.

Also, if you were previously using Chameleon, you can still boot via Chameleon by using Esc/F9 at BIOS and selecting to boot legacy to your HDD (assuming you haven't already updated to Yosemite)

Honestly I had the instructions of what to select open on my phone while I selected the options but I had to have missed something for this to happen haha. Nope, I didn't keep it. If I have to start from scratch again it won't be that big of a deal because I won't lose anything important that isn't backed up to my PC. Would I be able to go back to the Mavericks install instructions to make a new USB to fix this?

Honestly I had the instructions of what to select open on my phone while I selected the options but I had to have missed something for this to happen haha. Nope, I didn't keep it. If I have to start from scratch again it won't be that big of a deal because I won't lose anything important that isn't backed up to my PC. Would I be able to go back to the Mavericks install instructions to make a new USB to fix this?

There are are various ways to make a USB, but why not use the Clover method? You only need the bootloader partition, no need for the OS X installer.

Why not boot Chameleon from the HDD, then re-run the ProBook Installer (CE) with the correct options?

Back