Contribute
Register

Update HP Laptops to Yosemite with Clover UEFI

I think I've found PBI CE bug. I used Quiet Fan Option when patching my DSDT with PBI CE (as I always did) and the fan was behaving not as it used to. Checked DSDT and it turned out there was no FTAB thingy at all in there, repatched it with patch provided by RehabMan and now it's working ok.

Will check it out, thanks.

Thanks to you all! :headbang:

Everything seems to be working perfectly, except for the iBooks.app. When I open it I see nothing. But if I right click on the iBooks icon from the dock it says, "Application Not Responding". :beachball: It left me no choice, but to force quit it.

Any idea how it can be fixed?

I think I've found PBI CE bug. I used Quiet Fan Option when patching my DSDT with PBI CE (as I always did) and the fan was behaving not as it used to. Checked DSDT and it turned out there was no FTAB thingy at all in there, repatched it with patch provided by RehabMan and now it's working ok.

Fixed in 6.2.12.1

My upgrade went fine. Everything works and so far the only problem I have seen is the presence of distorted text in the top menu. I had this inMavericks before my video card worked flawlessly.
Am I doing something wrong?

Here's a picture of what I am talking about.

My computer is an elite book 840 G1 with hybrid graphics.

Thanks for the hard work.

BTW hand-off is not supported with an Azurewave card....

The only way I could get iMessage going was using a real macbook air info.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 11.01.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 11.01.31 AM.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 131
My upgrade went fine. Everything works and so far the only problem I have seen is the presence of distorted text in the top menu. I had this inMavericks before my video card worked flawlessly.
Am I doing something wrong?

Here's a picture of what I am talking about.

My computer is an elite book 840 G1 with hybrid graphics.

Thanks for the hard work.

BTW hand-off is not supported with an Azurewave card....

The only way I could get iMessage going was using a real macbook air info.

No you're not. I see same problems on other HP Envy with HD4600 too.

Upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite and Wifi stop working. Everything else seems to be working just fine.
Same with other member who has PB 5330m. Wifi card is Broadcom 43224.

Bluetooth works! in fact i'm tethering internet from Android Bluetooth device for now.

also, the clover screen now has 3 boot options: Yosemite, Install OS, and Recovery HD.

Someone else had ask this question before but no answer, how do i remove unwanted boot option like Install OSX or Recovery HD?

Upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite and Wifi stop working. Everything else seems to be working just fine.
Same with other member who has PB 5330m. Wifi card is Broadcom 43224.

There is a whitelist in the Yosemite BCM kext. You need to use MacBookAir5,1 or MacBookAir5,2 to satisfy the whitelist. There may be a patch available...

MBA 5,1 has HD4000. Would that have any effect on boot?

edit:
setting to MBA 5,2 fixed the WiFi issue.

any idea how to remove the extra Boot options on Clover Screen?

MBA 5,1 has HD4000. Would that have any effect on boot?

I don't know. I don't have your issue (using Atheros). You'll have to find out yourself.

Back