Contribute
Register

Update from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just type GraphicsEnabler=No or GraphicsEnabler=Yes during boot. When you find one that works, later you can update the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file with:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

Or use Yes in place of No if that is appropriate.

You might also try PCIRootUID=0 as in: -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

Using "GraphicsEnabler=No" got it to boot. In Multibeast, is there a setting to do this? Where is/how would I update the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file?

Thank you for all your help today. You have been a tremendous resource. I appreciate anyone who spends their time to help others who only know enough to get in trouble. I have to step away from the computer for awhile but when i return, with the direction you leave, i'll try to modify the Chameleon file.

You can use Multibeast to set GraphicsEnabler=No

Customization -> Boot Options -> GraphicsEnabler=No

Thank you again for all your great help. It is booting fine. Now i need to work on getting audio and the network working properly. I'll look on the forum to see what i can find out unless you know the answers on this board. I'm finding that Mountain Lion is really a trip compared to the ease with which i've been able to get Snow Leopard machines running without much effort.

Too many problems with this Motherboard. I'm going to put the GTX 660ti in a system with a Gigabyte board instead.
Thanks for your help earlier.

Now i need to work on getting audio and the network working properly.

A little bit of Google magic says that the audio is ALC892 and the dual ethernet ports each are different - one is Intel 82579 and the other is Realtek 8110SC.

For audio, go to Multibeast and choose:
Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Without DSDT -> ALC892

For ethernet, go to Multibeast and choose:
Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Network -> Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx
Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Network -> hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back