Contribute
Register

Update from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audio not working :( Still trying..... :(
So strange......is not working in OSX and also in WIN 7!!!! That's crazy!!!??!?!

Audio not working :( Still trying..... :(
So strange......is not working in OSX and also in WIN 7!!!! That's crazy!!!??!?!

What chipset/codec?

Asus P7P55d EVO should have VIA VT1828S, isn't it?

Don't know - too lazy to look it up. If VIA, then you have 2 choices: VoodooHDA or HDMI audio with edited DSDT.
toleda has found a way to get audio over HDMI with unsupported audio chips like the VIA.

Don't know - too lazy to look it up. If VIA, then you have 2 choices: VoodooHDA or HDMI audio with edited DSDT.
toleda has found a way to get audio over HDMI with unsupported audio chips like the VIA.

I have only one way...if i boot using DSDT for my MOBO bios v.2004, i get "IOAPIC" issue....and cannot boot in any case! (that's is unknow for me why)

Going Bald,
You have done a great job with all your guides. A guide for updating a system from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion is needed. I used one of your guides and just finished a system with Mountain Lion and Windows 7 dual boot on a GA-Z77N-wifi. I sent you a message on this earlier and posted a reply on Golden Builds on a similar system.

I have 6 other systems here with Snow Leopard and because I felt Mountain Lion worked just fine on the latest system, I decided to upgrade from SL to ML on a system where i want to use a GTX 660ti. I cloned a drive with a hard drive cloner (hardware cloner) from the working system i described above and mounted the new drive in the older Snow Leopard system as well as the new GTX card. I'm getting kernel panics. Windows starts fine and I've already updated the drivers for the system on the Windows side.

The new system is a Asus P8P67 EVO. The drive cloned was from a Gigabyte GA-Z77N-wifi. I then tried mounting the drive externally on another machine and running Multibeast pointed to the new drive but it failed saying the drive "wasn't ejected properly", probably because of the kernel panic. Do you have ideas on what to do?
Thanks,

I'm getting kernel panics...The new system is a Asus P8P67 EVO.
Boot using -v and see if it is a kernel panic on the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. If it is you can install NullCPU kext or remove the AICPM kext but you will lose powermanagement features. Or you can install a patched BIOS that allows you to run the AICPM kext without a panic. And the BIOS patch does not affect Windows.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/43486-asus-1155-patched-bios-repository.html

The repository has moved to a new site. Click the Asus button at the top and select P67 then select P8P67 Evo.

Boot using -v and see if it is a kernel panic on the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. If it is you can install NullCPU kext or remove the AICPM kext but you will lose powermanagement features. Or you can install a patched BIOS that allows you to run the AICPM kext without a panic. And the BIOS patch does not affect Windows.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/43486-asus-1155-patched-bios-repository.html

The repository has moved to a new site. Click the Asus button at the top and select P67 then select P8P67 Evo.

Going Bald, thank you for replying so quickly.I hesitate a bit to use a third party bios patch. I guess another option would be to use the USB installer and reinstall the Mountain Lion operating system and run Multibeast. With the USB stick, Is there a way to save the applications and other installs doing this or to somehow run the Chimera bootloader? What do you think?

Hey, I am going bald, but my forum name isn't Going Bald.

Do not reinstall. It probably won't change anything. Boot again with -v and read the kernel panic. If it says that the cause is the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext then it can be removed and you can boot past the kernel panic. The downside is that you lose power mangement features. Once you get booted, there is a patched AICPM kext in Multibeast that you can try.

If you can't decipher the kernel panic, take a picture of it and post it.

Hey, I am going bald, but my forum name isn't Going Bald.

Do not reinstall. It probably won't change anything. Boot again with -v and read the kernel panic. If it says that the cause is the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext then it can be removed and you can boot past the kernel panic. The downside is that you lose power mangement features. Once you get booted, there is a patched AICPM kext in Multibeast that you can try.

If you can't decipher the kernel panic, take a picture of it and post it.

Will do right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back