Contribute
Register

Update from 10.12.6 with GTX660Ti to 10.14.1 with RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to select UEFI:usb8gb and yes the EFI folder is enough to make it bootable, try this EFI folder instead, I might have updated the Clover64.efi but not the bootx64.efi file. With UEFI, the firmware searches the entire ESP partition to find a file called bootx64.efi and loads it if found, doesn't have to be in the root of the ESP.
Looks like F8:UEFI_usb8gb and F8:UEFI_ssd not working. It skips and boots from ssd256. F8:usb8gb get boot0af: error

Looks like F8:UEFI_usb8gb and F8:UEFI_ssd not working. It skips and boots from ssd256. F8:usb8gb get boot0af: error
Then you do not have UEFI setup correctly in your BIOs settings. I gave you directions on the how your BIOS settings should be setup. Follow those steps in order.

Then you do not have UEFI setup correctly in your BIOs settings. I gave you directions on the how your BIOS settings should be setup. Follow those steps in order.
This one?
o Boot into BIOS settings, Hit F7 to go to Advanced Mode, then hit F5 to load Optimized Defaults.
o Advanced>USB Configuration>EHCI Hand-off: Enabled
o Boot menu>UEFI/Legacy Boot: Disable Legacy
Save and Restart

I have done it. But set not to disable legacy, i set it to Uefi first. Because system doesnt boot at all, from ssd, if legacy disable

I have done it. But set not to disable legacy, i set it to Uefi first. Because system doesnt boot at all, from ssd, if legacy disable
Yes that one, if your system doesn't boot with legacy disabled, that means you do not have your SSD setup as GUID, you have it setup as MBR. Which is why when you use my Clover EFI folder it doesn't see your HDD. You SSD must be setup as GUID not MBR.

I suggest you make a new USB installer correctly by using createmediainstaller instead of using Unibeast and do a complete reinstall, using the EFI folder I made for you.

Yes that one, if your system doesn't boot with legacy disabled, that means you do not have your SSD setup as GUID, you have it setup as MBR. Which is why when you use my Clover EFI folder it doesn't see your HDD. You SSD must be setup as GUID not MBR.
And why newly created usb do not run with legacy disabled?

I suggest you make a new USB installer correctly by using createmediainstaller instead of using Unibeast and do a complete reinstall, using the EFI folder I made for you.
I have format new usb as you described, with disk utility.
diskutil list shows that both disk are GUID

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2018-11-20 в 3.51.37.png
    Снимок экрана 2018-11-20 в 3.51.37.png
    165.3 KB · Views: 47
I have format new usb as you described, with disk utility.
diskutil list shows that both disk are GUID
I am not sure why its not booting, but if the EFI folders weren't working then when you hit F8 you wouldn't see UEFI_usb8gb at all. The firmware sees a BOOTX64.efi file located in that location and loads it into the boot menu. Try going into BIOS, Load Optimized Defaults, do not make any other changes, Save and reboot, then hit F8 and try booting off the UEFI_usb8gb.

Try going into BIOS, Load Optimized Defaults, do not make any other changes, Save and reboot, then hit F8 and try booting off the UEFI_usb8gb.
Did it. It does not work in UEFI mode( only legacy ssd can boot

I am not sure why its not booting, but if the EFI folders weren't working then when you hit F8 you wouldn't see UEFI_usb8gb at all. The firmware sees a BOOTX64.efi file located in that location and loads it into the boot menu. Try going into BIOS, Load Optimized Defaults, do not make any other changes, Save and reboot, then hit F8 and try booting off the UEFI_usb8gb.
is it necesseraly to boot in UEFI ONLY mode? my system works for years with GTX660ti without any troubles. Only one problem with RX580 now, not working hdmi if iGPU disabled. May be i should change my clover config with your advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back