Contribute
Register

Update from 10.12.6 with GTX660Ti to 10.14.1 with RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
These kext there are from Mountain Lion os x)))

So, i put my FakeSMC and config.plist in your EFI folder and now performance is back and hdmi works, that is the magic of your EFI ?)
One strange thing, before login screen, RX580 fans are 100% turns on for 2 second, very loud) i

These kext there are from Mountain Lion os x)))

So, i put my FakeSMC and config.plist in your EFI folder and now performance is back and hdmi works, that is the magic of your EFI ?)
One strange thing, before login screen, RX580 fans are 100% turns on for 2 second, very loud) i
WoW, probably a good idea to download the latest versions of those. Your config had some CPU PM things wrong, and your SMBIOS section was missing things. Few other things were wrong also. Would suggest using the config I made and do a reinstall for fresh. Yeah its normal for the RX 580 fans to spin up before the OS takes over GPU PM. It shouldn't do it all the time, but will do it a few times. Off and on.

WoW, probably a good idea to download the latest versions of those. Yeah its normal for the RX 580 fans to spin up before the OS takes over GPU PM. It shouldn't do it all the time, but will do it a few times. Off and on.
so hdmi magic is in clover? i shouldnt update it? or in efi?)

so hdmi magic is in clover? i shouldnt update it? or in efi?)
Re-read my last post I edited it. The HDMI magic is in the newest WhateverGreen and latest Lilu. But your config has a lot of things that were wrong.

Re-read my last post I edited it. The HDMI magic is in the newest WhateverGreen and latest Lilu. But your config has a lot of things that were wrong.
Hm, i have deleted WhateverGreen and HDMI still works, so Lilu is the magic. With your config i have performance issue, FakeSMC not the key of this. Newer FakeSMC enables sensors for me, but my config.plist fix performance issue.

Hm, i have deleted WhateverGreen and HDMI still works, so Lilu is the magic. With your config i have performance issue, FakeSMC not the key of this. Newer FakeSMC enables sensors for me, but my config.plist fix performance issue.
Ok I have done what I can, Lilu has nothing to do with HDMI, its all in WhateverGreen. But if you are going to replace everything I have done for you. There is no need to continue this thread. So good luck.

Ok I have done what I can, Lilu has nothing to do with HDMI, its all in WhateverGreen. But if you are going to replace everything I have done for you. There is no need to continue this thread. So good luck.
Thank you very much!

WoW, probably a good idea to download the latest versions of those. Your config had some CPU PM things wrong, and your SMBIOS section was missing things. Few other things were wrong also. Would suggest using the config I made and do a reinstall for fresh. Yeah its normal for the RX 580 fans to spin up before the OS takes over GPU PM. It shouldn't do it all the time, but will do it a few times. Off and on.
I will try test line by line and get best from your config. But i do not understand, how hdmi still works, after i remove WhateverGreen

I found lines in your config, which leads to performance issue for me.

in SSDT section
Code:
<key>PluginType</key>
                <true/>

and

Code:
<key>PluginType</key>
            <string>1</string>

with this lines cpu clock is only 800mhz, system very slow. I do not know why, i do not use any ssdt.aml file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back