- Nov 17, 2009
- PRIME Z490-A
- i5 10600K
- Vega 56
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Before you begin, we strongly recommend performing a full backup of your existing system using Carbon Copy Cloner. By doing this, you can always go back to your working macOS Monterey installation.
Guide: Update Directly to macOS Ventura
1. Update your existing bootloader. Bootloader update to latest OpenCore (0.8.4+) or Clover (r5148+) release- this is required for installation. For the purposes of this guide, we will reference Clover locations.
2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy VirtualSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. Updated AppleALC, Lilu, VirtualSMC and WhateverGreen may be required. If you need kexts, download them here. If you need precompiled SSDTs, download them here.
3. Download Install macOS Ventura Application from the Mac App Store. When complete, the app will open. Please note, the Application will disappear after use.
4. Choose system drive for install (Example: Macintosh HD). When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.
5. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS Install option (Example: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating.
6. Complete the installation process- the computer will automatically reboot a few times.
7. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS option (Example: Boot macOS from Macintosh HD). The computer will then complete the update.
Let us know how this guide works for you! Please post all help requests in Ventura Desktop Support and Ventura Laptop Support forum sections. Thanks and good luck!
The release version of macOS Ventura (13.0) is now available from the Mac App Store. Anyone who has purchased Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, or has OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.11 El Capitan, macOS 10.12 Sierra, macOS 10.13 High Sierra...
Established users of macOS Monterey who wish to update directly to macOS Ventura can do so just like a regular Mac would. This fully native method requires no USB creation or preparation and allows you to keep all of your files and settings. Before you begin, we strongly recommend performing a...
Here's a quick guide to create a macOS 13 Ventura Public Beta Installation USB. Please note, this guide is not universal, and may not work for all systems. STEP 1: Download macOS Ventura Public Beta 1. Enroll in the Free Apple Beta Software Program 2. Download Public Beta Access Utility 3. Run...
The macOS 13 Ventura Public Beta is now available. Apple wants as many users as possible to test macOS Ventura to provide constructive feedback before the official release later this fall. To participate in the free Public Beta, you must enroll in the Apple Beta Software Program using your Apple...
Today at WWDC Apple previewed the next major revision to its macOS operating system, macOS 13 Ventura. A Developer Preview version will be available immediately for registered Apple Developers, with a Public Beta expected in July. The developer preview of macOS Ventura is now available to Mac...
List of Macs that can run macOS Ventura: ¡Mac 2017 and later ¡Mac Pro 2017 MacBook Air 2018 and later MacBook Pro 2017 and later Mac Pro 2019 and later Mac mini 2018 and later MacBook 2017 and later For comparison these are the Macs that currently run macOS Monterey: iMac (late 2015 and...
Please post your question(s) as a standalone thread in the Ventura Desktop Support forum section. Violators will have their post removed.