Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Mojave

Hi, I updated but got stuck on a black screen when pressing "Boot macOS Install from Macintosh" any fixes? I have an inlet i7-4790K with Nvidia GTX 770. I ran macOS Sierra before updating.

Boot using USB flash drive, select your Sierra drive. Download the latest version of Clover, install with AptioMemoryFix-64 under UEFI Drivers checked. Reboot. You may need to run Install MacOS Mojave again.

OK. I have a Mac Pro, so I thought that was universal. I stand (or sit) corrected.

There is an issue with being able to download the full 6.2Gb installer.

You need to be in the latest version of your current software or you get the 15mb installer linked to an internet connection.

I had Sierra 12.4 and got the 15mb version so I updated to 12.6 and then th security updates and then I downloaded the full version. Same goes for High Sierra.

I run the update but toward the end before final reboot got a message said " The bless tool was unable to set current boot disk". Anyone know what was the problem and how to fix it.Thanks.

Thoughts and prayers! Are you connected by Sata? Also multiple drives connected may also cause issues.

Its 4674 rev. I also try the older version no luck.

Hit space bar at clover screen select verbose and single user. If it gets to root# follow the prompts: mount -uw @2nd root# fsck -fy @3rd Root# exit.

Back