Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Mojave

Again I thank you very much for your kindness.
I'll give a second try, with the last version of Mojave but not now. I had one installer from mojave from a while. I don't recall if it's one of the official mojave installer from my macbook or if it's a different one.

I spend a full day to update it and the late hours of this night to make everything running (logic pro plug ins etc...) till it crashes. One thing I've done that can be maybe the source of my problems with mojave, is that I upgraded my bootdrive not internally but externally (with as USB 3 SATA SSD helper). Then I put the drive internally, maybe this has no link.
I wasn't able to reach the crash logs, so I decided for now to stay on high sierra, as also some plugins I use with Logic were not recognize.

Maybe one last question if you know the answer. I plan to change my computer for a better CPU. I would like to take a

Intel Core i9-12900K (3.2 GHz / 5.2 GHz)​

I would like to know if the clover installation with unibeast or just a clone of my drive on the new machine can make everything work with just better CPU ?

Thank you for everything
It feels weird to reply to my own post but Yeah ! Success this time. I spent more than 1 year and half on High Sierra till my last failure but I really wanted to try again the update on Mojave.
I faced the same issues till I found the potential source problem.

I simply removed my ethernet cable, restore one system file I changed on purpose to its original nature and removed any USB accessories during the update.

I think the main issue was the ethernet cable for this update not working but I can't garantee. I just leave this here in case a crasy guy in 2023 is still working on High Sierra and wants to jump on Mojave. ahah it feels so weird. (My main issue was the screen which was freezed on the progression bar during the update).

Back