Not open for further replies.
thanks succeeded.

Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
Bios 2104 (not patched)
Intel [email protected]
2 x 8GB Hyper X
SSD Intel 240GB
Gigabyte GTX660 2GB
Wifi BCM... (dont remember model. Original Mac Wifi card)

Installed apfs to /efi/clover/dirvers64UEFI
copied all extra kext to /EFI/clover/kexts//other

rebooted, installed original update to High Sierra 10.13.1, rebooted.
When the update started, I got a message saying that HS could not be installed on this machine. I tried it 3 times. In the last one he made the complete installation. When he finished, what I noticed was that he did not convert the system to apfs
The only thing I did was to update the audio.

everything is OK until now

Something new: the sleep works without problems. It never worked before

Last edited:
I've tried this method but I end up with a black screen with the just the Apple logo and no progress. When booting with -v, I see a crash and an attempt to reboot but it never happens. I copied only the new apfs kext as well as the FakeSMC. Might I be missing others, how do I know what kext are mandatory that I was using on Sierra? Any way for me to diagnose further?

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

Where is Fakesmc.kext? And do I need need "essential kexts"?

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

yes, essential kexts are essential in making macos work on your system

FakeSMC should be in your /Library/Extensions/ folder on your macOS drive.

Perfectly updated, I disconnected all my HDD except the main SSD with the OS. Updated Clover, copy apfs file as indicated and GFORCE750TI attached all the process.
No problem at all, after that reboot and all ok and reconnected other HDD's. Thanks!

Hi everyone!

Which are the essential extra kexts I need to update to High Sierra?

On step2:

My system is an OC 2700k on a Z77 chipset with a GTX 1060.

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi everyone!

Which are the essential extra kexts I need to update to High Sierra?

On step2:

My system is an OC 2700k on a Z77 chipset with a GTX 1060.

Thank you very much in advance!
Just the FakeSMC in your case.

Just the FakeSMC in your case.
Many thanks Stork, you're the boss! :headbang:
I cross my fingers to have a painless installation for the GTX 1060.
And hopefully the USBs will be finally fixed, because sometimes happens weird (power management related) things with them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back