Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the Guide: Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (APFS) be applied as is ?
I am currently running Sierra without any problems from an samsung 960 pro NVME .m2 SSD.
Anything is need to take special care of here ?

Hello, I have followed instructions for direct updating to High Sierra from El Capitan 10.11.6. Did the first 3 steps, then when running High Sierra OS install (13.2) I got the warning: "it can not be installed on this computer".
I have Mac Pro 3.1 system definition, it has to do with this? If so, to what system definition should I change it? Should I do it with El Capitan MultiBeast? Sorry I know these might be silly questions. thanks!!

Hello, I have followed instructions for direct updating to High Sierra from El Capitan 10.11.6. Did the first 3 steps, then when running High Sierra OS install (13.2) I got the warning: "it can not be installed on this computer".
I have Mac Pro 3.1 system definition, it has to do with this? If so, to what system definition should I change it? Should I do it with El Capitan MultiBeast? Sorry I know these might be silly questions. thanks!!
Try iMac14,2 you can use MultiBeast to change.

Hi, thanks for all the amazing support! I'm having trouble with the EFI Mounter. When I try to mount the partition from my boot drive, I get the error "Apple Event Handler Failed, -10000". It's a dialogue box that lets me either exit or open the script editor. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Edit: Just tried through the terminal and I'm getting a "Resource Busy" message
Edit 2: Reboot fixed the problem

Last edited:
I have an issue with Quadro FX1800 on High Sierra, I have 2 monitors, one with DP doesn't work on High Sierra but on Sierra works fine..
I updated from Sierra following the steps, but seems I miss something. :S thanks

UniBeast and MultiBeast users-

MultiBeast 9.2.1 is incompatible with APFS drives, but works with HFS+. We will be releasing updated versions of UniBeast and MultiBeast and a full UniBeast installation guide in the near future.

In the meantime, if you are already installed on Sierra, we suggest using the above update guides. For fresh installations, please see the following post for instructions to create a USB installer for High Sierra.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/

Good luck and be sure to let us know how it goes!

Please update first post to mention this

Copy apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
Copy apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64/

I found that clover did not see my high sierra boot partition until I added this line..

Copy apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back