Contribute
Register

Unusual sleep problem - please advise (i7 3770, UD5H, 10.8.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Intel i7 3770
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Okay, so I'm having a hard time getting my sleep to work properly, and I can't seem to find any threads where someone has experienced this problem.

When I put my hackintosh to sleep (OSX 10.8.2), it displays a blank grey screen with a mouse cursor, and all my hard drives/fans keep running at the same speed. When I click the mouse or hit a key, it "wakes up" to the login screen as it should from sleep mode.

FWIW, I had installed a GTX 670 graphics card in it to transition away from the 3770's HD4000, but the card was defective, and due to a need to tighten the belt financially, I had to get a refund instead of a replacement card, so I'm back on the HD4000. Could the drivers associated with that be my problem?

I've disabled VT-d in my BIOS, tinkered with a few different darkwake settings in my org.chameleon.plist file, tripple-checked my energy-saver options, turned XMP on/off... I'm out of ideas. Anyone out there able to point me in the right direction?

Motherboard - GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU - i7 3770
Graphics - Intel HD4000

Did you manage to fix this problem? I am having the same problem on the same configuration.

Is the NullCPUPowerManagement required perhaps? I had a previous build where I had to enable this in order to sleep. Have not seen anything regarding 10.8.2 and the UDH5 motherboard in this regard.

Thx

Sorry no solution just the same problem with a UP5-TH motherboard, i5 3570k, 10.8.2. What components are you both using? Maybe it is hardware issue..

All I have connected is a:

Intel 330 Series Maple Crest 120Gb SSD(boot drive)
Seagate Barracuda 1Tb HHD(data Drive)
Sony Optiarc 24X DVD Burner
Logitech usb keyboard and mouse
and
usb header for my case Corsair 200R
and my monitor is through the DVI port (dont think this should matter though)

Do any of you have similar hardware??

No solution as of yet. I've tried two clean installs, the second using the F15o BIOS, and still no luck. I'm still mucking about with the F15o BIOS (darkwake, vt-d, xml, ext)

FWIW I have the following hardware:

Z77X-UD5H (revision 1.1)
i7 3770
8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengence DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 64GB SSD (boot drive)
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD (data drive)
An older Apple USb keyboard, and a logitech mouse.
My display is connected via HDMI

I'm still completely lost on this one.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I just tried it, and unfortunately it had no effect.

Mine (same board, i3570, 670) went into power cycle loops after I manually put the computer to sleep (Apple menu/Sleep).

It corrupted my BIOS twice and at the end i went to use the F15Q bios.

So far, sleep problem is gone. YMMV.

Has anyone participating in this thread installed and used the PleaseSleep app, or have knowledge of how effective it is in resolving sleep problems for 10.8.2 and the general set of components we have: i.e. Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770, internal graphics, etc?

http://www.dragonone.com/products/macosx/pleasesleep/

I have the same components and sleep issues but have been unwilling to experiment with the various "fixes" found throughout this forum. Many seem to cause more issues than they resolve.

I'd appreciate any comments.

Thank you,

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back